Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Coordinators, Moderators

Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby Bruenor » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:41 am

I heard the owner of this company interviewed the other day. They manufacture equipment for mining, which had a huge downturn during the last administration for some reason.. Wanting to keep his guys employed, he started looking for something else they could manuffacture. Being an avid long distance shooter, he ended up with a precision bolt action upper for an AR10.

available in .308, 6.5, and .243 currently

http://uintahprecision.com/product/bolt ... -assembly/

Looks pretty sweet, and the price is not bad either.




for the curious I believe this is the parent company http://uintahmachine.com/
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine
User avatar
Bruenor
 
Posts: 5941
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:03 pm
Location: Geneva, OH

Re: Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby steves 50de » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:15 pm

Bruenor wrote:I heard the owner of this company interviewed the other day. They manufacture equipment for mining, which had a huge downturn during the last administration for some reason.. Wanting to keep his guys employed, he started looking for something else they could manuffacture. Being an avid long distance shooter, he ended up with a precision bolt action upper for an AR10.

available in .308, 6.5, and .243 currently

http://uintahprecision.com/product/bolt ... -assembly/

Looks pretty sweet, and the price is not bad either.









for the curious I believe this is the parent company http://uintahmachine.com/



It would be nice to see maybe a 50 beowolf or other caliber that would work on a standard AR.
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: n.e. ohio

Re: Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby willbird » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 am

Interesting that he identified and fulfilled a niche market...however the Ruger RPR offers similar features for a price similar once you add lower cost to the bolt action upper ??
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member
 
Posts: 11304
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Exit 13 on the ohio Turnpike :-)

Re: Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby Brian D. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:03 pm

steves 50de wrote:It would be nice to see maybe a 50 beowolf or other caliber that would work on a standard AR.


How are the ARs in .50 Beowolf running these days? The first two I saw early on didn't function well at all.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14500
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby M-Quigley » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:31 pm

The ad said,

An upper assembly that allows you to change your AR-10 into a fully compliant bolt action rifle.


Fully compliant for what? :?:
M-Quigley
 
Posts: 2597
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:06 pm
Location: Western Ohio

Re: Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby willbird » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:30 am

M-Quigley wrote:The ad said,

An upper assembly that allows you to change your AR-10 into a fully compliant bolt action rifle.


Fully compliant for what? :?:


I would guess cali fornia ??
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member
 
Posts: 11304
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:19 am
Location: Exit 13 on the ohio Turnpike :-)

Re: Precision bolt action upper for an AR10

Postby Brian D. » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:16 pm

That would make sense. For a while, there were pump action AR type rifles that were "California compliant", until their Attorney General added to the prohibited list yet again.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.
 
Posts: 14500
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:42 pm
Location: SW Ohio


Return to Firearms & Gear

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests