Got my P320 back from Sig today

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CCIman

Got my P320 back from Sig today

Post by CCIman »

:D
about 2 weeks turnover

Can't tell externally, have not taken the slide off.
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.
ESAFO

Re: Got my P320 back from Sig today

Post by ESAFO »

From what i've heard there's a slightly different style trigger installed, lighter trigger pull due to a updated sear & also milling work on the inside of the slide.
BOB
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

It did not feel "lighter", if anything, mushy to the break after the slack, and long reset.

Granted this is one of many striker pistols, I can't really compare (recall) to what it was before.
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Hopefully all the known issues at hand have been resolved & now you can safely enjoy it.
BOB
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Received mine back on the 3rd of November,2 weeks to the day of arriving at Sig.

Take up is about half what it was prior to sending in,trigger break feels the same or a bit better on mine.The reset is actually shorter on my upgraded P320.
The "double click" when dry firing is gone.Not all P320s had that but mine did.Wasn't an issue then or now.

As to what was changed,this video goes into the details :

https://youtu.be/u9vIY2EoJwE
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

How can you tell all this? Did you measure these somehow? Two weeks is a long time to compare based on finger memory.
How can you rule out Placebo effect?
Ultimately, it is moot if you are happy. :) no biggie.

I can't tell compared to before because I have never fired it, but from ground zero, the break is mushy.
Tru-Heathen wrote:Received mine back on the 3rd of November,2 weeks to the day of arriving at Sig.

Take up? is about half what it was prior to sending in,trigger break feels the same or a bit better on mine.The reset? is actually shorter on my upgraded P320.
The "double click" when dry firing is gone.Not all P320s had that but mine did.Wasn't an issue then or now.

As to what was changed,this video goes into the details :

https://youtu.be/u9vIY2EoJwE
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Well truthfully I can't rule out the placebo effect.
But I actually had put 500 rounds through it prior to sending it in and dry fired it more than that amount.
So I do have a fairly good idea how it was before v/s after.And others have reported similar results.

And you're correct,in the end it doesn't matter since I am pleased with it.

Cybercop

Post by Cybercop »

I had a chance to talk with the Sig rep's, they put the "F" series trigger in as a replacement. This is an upgrade from the stock trigger.
"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."

Edward Everett Hale (decedent of Nathan Hale)
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

I've got 2 P320s and am waiting for the shipping label and such from SIG. I waited until match season was pretty much over before signing up so not expecting to be one of the earlier ones. Hoping that they are at different times so I can really compare before and after.

Did get a chance to compare a pre and post change P320 at a LGS. Looking at their displays I noticed that one had the new trigger on it. So of course I had to have them pull that and a pre out to compare. Employee was a little curious as well. No gauges or anything but think I liked the new trigger a little better.

Did have a dealer at a gun show tell me that his P320s had been sent back and received the upgrade. Went home and got pictures or pre and post triggers. Let's just say he was less than honest about that. Annoyed me because the friend I help out really did send his Ruger Mk IVs in to get the recall work done before putting them back out for sale. Thankfully it's very easy to tell the difference on the P320s.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
DeanWinchester

Post by DeanWinchester »

Apparently it was the result of the actual trigger weight. Not the weight of the pull.
Oorah!
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Yes that's how it was explained at the upgrade announcement.

Phast

Post by Phast »

I just sent mine out last week, it will be interesting to see the difference. I really hope it is a least as good and not worse.
My world is the only one that counts
Phast

Post by Phast »

Very fast turn around, just got my 320 back. Now i need to take it for a test drive and see how it does.
My world is the only one that counts
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Woke up to email from SIG today. At least one of the two I sent them is on it's way back and will be back tomorrow. Guess I "have" to go to the range tomorrow or Thursday at the latest! Not sure which I hope it is. The P320C RX or the full size that also had a compact slide with it. For those wondering about turn around times, SIG got it on the 2nd.
Dale
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Waited around all day yesterday for Fedex. They finally showed up at 7:15p. Made for a long day. This one was a P320C RX. They didn't return to cover for the Romeo1 optic so will call customer service today. I'm sure they'll send one out to me. Everything looks great and trigger feels great when dry firing. This morning I received the shipping notice for the other P320. This one is a full sized along with a compact/carry slide. Will see how they do this weekend.
Dale