K frame trainers - which models

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: K frame trainers - which models

Post by Mr. Glock »

Sevens wrote:If your 64-5 is as smooth and consistent as my 64-5, you are going to LOVE that revolver.

Beware that if you shoot it a bunch... I say there is a very good chance that it will make you like J-frames less and less and less.
Let me know if you have a 357 M640 with no lock, I’ll buy it so you have money for another K-frame :mrgreen:
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Well, you quoted my post. Just to be clear... I have owned two J-frames in my entire life. I would love to live another 45 years and I have zero plans for another J-frame in that time. ;)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Sevens wrote:If your 64-5 is as smooth and consistent as my 64-5, you are going to LOVE that revolver.

Beware that if you shoot it a bunch... I say there is a very good chance that it will make you like J-frames less and less and less.
You called it. Moving a very nice factory electroless nickle 442 along now.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Does anyone know the manufacture or ship date for a model 64-5, serial prefix of BEJ?
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

jeep45238 wrote:Does anyone know the manufacture or ship date for a model 64-5, serial prefix of BEJ?
Although not listed specifically in Supica book, appears to be Sept-Oct 1989
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

I have a K-frame that is BBJxxxx and an L-frame that is BEBxxxx that were both new when I got them.

The BBJ is November 23, 1988 and the BEB is July 25, 1989.

I would say that Mr. Glock is spot-on.

Also, very pleased to hear that you are loving the Model 64-5 and I can't say with complete honesty that I feel good that I predicted a little J-frame snark... but I kinda like it. ;)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!