AR15 Cleaning Kit / .30 Bore Brush?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

AR15 Cleaning Kit / .30 Bore Brush?

Post by Werz »

I like to keep a mil-spec AR15 cleaning kit with each of my AR15 platform carbines. However, that is a bit of a challenge with the .300 Blackout. It needs a .30 caliber bore brush. The problem is that the cleaning rod for the mil-spec kit has "buried" threads that a normal bore brush will not reach. There are plenty of .223/556 mil-spec bore brushes that will fit those cleaning rods, but it seems that all the .30 caliber brushes have the standard commercial threading. Right now, I either have to switch over to a standard cleaning kit to brush the bore or use a bore snake. Does anyone know who might make .30 bore brushes that fit that the mil-spec cleaning rod? Or maybe an adapter?
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Bruenor

Re: AR15 Cleaning Kit / .30 Bore Brush?

Post by Bruenor »

How bout an adapter ?

http://www.proshotproducts.com/Military ... p_628.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Use this brass adaptor on any military rod with #8/36 thread to change threads to standard American rifle/pistol #8/32 threads.
Brownells also has a rod kit that includes an adapter.
http://www.brownells.com/gun-cleaning-c ... -4354.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SPECS:8-36 military thread. .204" (5.2mm) dia. rod. 4 sections, each 7-3/8" (18.7cm). Overall length, with Jag, 29¾" (75.6cm). All parts steel. O.D. parkerized finish. Includes 8-36 to 8-32 adapter.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: AR15 Cleaning Kit / .30 Bore Brush?

Post by Werz »

Bruenor wrote:How bout an adapter ?

http://www.proshotproducts.com/Military ... p_628.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Use this brass adaptor on any military rod with #8/36 thread to change threads to standard American rifle/pistol #8/32 threads.
Thanks! I must have used the wrong search terms; they're more plentiful than I thought. I now have one on my ever-growing MidwayUSA wish list.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.