Range Cart

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dewman

Range Cart

Post by Dewman »

So on my last trip to the range I decided that I would need some type of cart to haul everything I take.. I normally spend 4-5 hours on the range shooting 3-4 rifles or pistols.

So I was wondering what the members of this forum use and if they built it themselves.
Allways remember when in combat your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
ArmedAviator

Re: Range Cart

Post by ArmedAviator »

Went not get a suitable size suit case, lower it with the same foam insert material from the nice Pelican cases, and make your own, rather cheap rolling gun cart. As a bonus, other than at the range, it appears rather under the radar.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Cowboy Action (and probably Three Gun) shooters use them at matches. Browse around on their various websites to find vendors, and maybe do it yourself ideas.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

A buddy of mine has used a modified 3 wheel baby jogging stroller. Sorry, no pics but I'm sure you can find them on the www.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Navy Chief has a nice one... it's an upright rolling tool box and the genius is that he has replaced/upgraded the wheels on it.

I have been absolutely beating the SNOT out of a Stanley brand tool box...
https://goo.gl/images/jhjdx2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Darn, can't seem to make the pic post. Follow the link.

I bought this maybe 3-4 yrs ago, I treat it badly I have to say... I just drag it and drag it and wonder if/when/how/where it is going to fail and it hasn't yet. I would very much love to upgrade the wheels as Navy Chief has done to his but I haven't bothered and while that would roll far better, it would complicate storage in a car trunk.

It absolutely works and hauls a heap of ammo, mags, tools, accessories. I tend to haul the handguns in a separate bag but like you, my range trips are 4-8 hours in length.

This box follows me around every Fun 'n Gun if you have seen me. ;)
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

If you're handy, you might be able to modify a golf bag cart to do what you want.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

I'm kind of thinking of this https://www.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-65939.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from harbor freight.

I saw a workup on the www
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Sevens wrote: I have been absolutely beating the SNOT out of a Stanley brand tool box...
https://goo.gl/images/jhjdx2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Darn, can't seem to make the pic post. Follow the link.
Here you go.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

I'm thinking more along the line of 3-4 rifles and all the gear..
With that I would have to make 2 trips.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I used freecycle to ask for a Baby Jogging stroller, Someone offered one so I then bought a couple ATV gun mounts from the closeout section of Cabelas. All together I'm in for $20.00 for my Cart.

Heres mine from an earlier thread, and the one I saw that was my inspiration.

http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... t#p4039831" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

This is merely one item from a l-o-n-g list of why I am a pure handgun guy who merely dabbles in rifles.

Not that this info helps this discussion any, but there it is.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Sevens wrote:This is merely one item from a l-o-n-g list of why I am a pure handgun guy who merely dabbles in rifles.
if you go to a sectional pistol match at a LARGE facility, the cart can still come in pretty handy for your range bag, ammo, spare pistol, Spare pistol parts, small cooler with beverages/snacks.

Michigan sectional for instance is 10 stages runs ALL day and round count of 260, gonna want extra ammo on top of all the other gear. after paying a $135.00 match fee you want to make sure you stay in the game, so you're bringing extra everything, and it's traveling with you. I'll take a cart please :)
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Ummmm yeah. I'm the guy with the wrong cart that hauls more through every Fun'n'Gun in the last six years. I had three guns, 500 rounds and a trauma pack at the last one. So I understand and agree.

I still find handguns > rifles but I'm just making conversation.
kentman

Post by kentman »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail- ... n/34109015" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just yesterday I saw a guy with a collapsible wagon to haul stuff to the far end of the range. It looked ingenious in this heat.