Range Cart

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Range Cart

Post by JustaShooter »

kentman wrote:https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail- ... n/34109015

Just yesterday I saw a guy with a collapsible wagon to haul stuff to the far end of the range. It looked ingenious in this heat.
My wife got me one of those carts before an Appleseed Long Distance shoot. It is pretty well designed and seems sturdy enough, though the wheels are a bit smaller than I'd like for rough terrain.

I didn't use it at that event, however - I ended up using a small range bag with a shoulder strap to carry ammo & gear since we really didn't need much before we'd be back at the covered pavilion, and just slung the rifle and shooting mat. I carried 6 mags (enough for a full AQT), 80 rounds (enough for two AQTs, one headed out, and one headed back), eye & ear protection (usually on my head) two bottles of water.

If I had a cart like the Creedmore or similar I might have used it instead.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Dewman

Post by Dewman »

Some good ideals here .. I'm going to look for the ATV gun mounts.
The small wheels would be a killer at my gun range . The sand is very deep and loose.

That 500 dollar cart is most of the price of my next rife:)
Allways remember when in combat your weapon was made by the lowest bidder
eugene

Post by eugene »

There is a person on facebook that makes wooden fold up ones. I'm going to have to make one too.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Lots of good replies already.

I shoot "Service Rifle" matches at Camp Perry, and other ranges. Stages are shot at 200, 300, and 600 yards. You NEED some type of cart/wagon to haul your stuff!

Instead of spending $400-$500 on a purpose built cart like the Creedmore, I picked up a "Baby-Jogger" 3 wheel cart at a garage sale for $30. 8) I added quick clamps for Rifle and Scope rod. The cart folds well. I saw a LOT of these type at the National Matches this month (July, 2017).

Works for me. :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by dl1911 »

Couple I see sometimes in Wauseon has a nice one but not really suited for rifles. Heavy duty large Stanley tool box which he's added padded seats and an umbrella holder. Makes it easy for them when waiting for their turn at matches! Handguns, ammo, cool beverages, etc. Otherwise I think best bet is to look for a 3 wheel jogging style stroller at garage sales and add mounts. Friend of mine just started looking for the stroller as she goes to a lot of garage sales.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers