380/lcp mag carrier?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BadCrosshairDay

380/lcp mag carrier?

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

How do you carry the spare mag for your 380 pocket pistols? I'm looking for a compact way to carry a spare for my LCP2, but most carriers I'm seeing make the tiny magazines almost 3 times thicker on my belt.

I don't have this issue with double stacks because the kydex/plastic adds little relative to the thickness of the magazine.

Has anyone found a small iwb mag pouch that works well for the lcp?

So far my favorite spot has been the coin pocket on jeans for this, but it's on the wrong side.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: 380/lcp mag carrier?

Post by Mr. Glock »

I don't myself. The pocket 380 is a pretty close-range item, am I really going to have time to reload? Probably not. It's a get someone off me gun rather than a fighting gun.

I do consider the Glock 43 a fighting gun, admittedly on the small side (before you all get too excited, I've done a class with it and was right in the mix). I carry a spare mag with Dan Dan's (Zlonongie-whatever he calls his company) belt tunnel mag carrier. Probaly the best concealed mag carrier I've used...stays high on the belt and tight. For mag carriers, I'm all about OWB just for comfort, even if I'm IWB the gun.

If you want to tuck your shirt in, get a Leatherman mutli-tool pouch (they sell just the pouch, the nylon one). Hiding in plain sight, so to speak, and you can fit a couple of mags in there.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
dademoss

Post by dademoss »

If I was motivated I would post a picture, but I am not. It's a little nylon knife pouch out of my junk drawer, or it just floats around in my left hand pants pocket. If I NEED to reload a LCP, I am wayyyyy over my head to begin with :( , and the TR iron triangle of trouble has caught up with me .
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The Blackhawk single stack plastic/kydex pouch is pretty accommodating and should work. One of the "name brand" leather outfits, maybe DeSantis, makes one as well. Not a big fan of much of their stuff but they're like that blind squirrel who can sometimes find an acorn.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

It's not IWB, but The magholder products are pretty slick, they hold the magazine horizontally on your belt. the LCR is listed under the custom order selection.

http://www.magholder.com/category-s/100.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Inside the pocket, the DeSantis MagPacker will both help the magazine stay correctly indexed, as well as keep pocket debris out of the mag lips.

Doesn't help solve your IWB issue, though! :oops: :P :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
BadCrosshairDay

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

Thanks for the tips! I'll try an owb nylon next. Looks slower but lower profile than kydex, and not likely to be recognized on belt. I use an open owb kydex pouch for double stack magazine(s), but usually when carrying the LCP more concealment is needed.

TSiWRX wrote:Inside the pocket, the DeSantis MagPacker will both help the magazine stay correctly indexed, as well as keep pocket debris out of the mag lips.

Doesn't help solve your IWB issue, though! :oops: :P :lol:
I am all out of pants pockets. My phone and wallet would need to move out for this to work. Might work for jacket pocket, thinking about ordering one. On a related note I should stop suggesting solutions in my questions. Ended up going with something other than my initial suggestion for this topic, as usual.

Brian D. wrote:One of the "name brand" leather outfits, maybe DeSantis, makes one as well. Not a big fan of much of their stuff but they're like that blind squirrel who can sometimes find an acorn
I'll see what they have. Been happy with them for jframe pocket and LCP iwb holster.

Mr. Glock wrote:The pocket 380 is a pretty close-range item, am I really going to have time to reload? Probably not.
That's true. With mags as small as LCP though, it feels almost "free" to carry a backup.