Near bedrock pricing on ARs

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CCIman

Near bedrock pricing on ARs

Post by CCIman »

Wow, cheep!

https://outdoorsportsusa.com/index.php? ... ct_id=1043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Possibly build one for under $400, if you have a spare lower receiver laying around. Not sure on the specs for the BCG and barrel...but can't bee the price for a generic.
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Near bedrock pricing on ARs

Post by Javelin Man »

I just ordered a Del-Ton from Rural King for $359. It's supposed to have good reviews.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

CCIman wrote:Wow, cheep!

https://outdoorsportsusa.com/index.php? ... ct_id=1043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Possibly build one for under $400, if you have a spare lower receiver laying around. Not sure on the specs for the BCG and barrel...but can't bee the price for a generic.

I don't know...for another $150 or so, we can get to known-quality items like the S&W M&P Sport II, etc.

Like you, I wonder about the quality of critical components on this unknown. It's cringe-worthy when parts that we can see, like the BUISs and charging handle are obvious knock-offs, and no close-ups are offered of those questionable critical components for our examination.

I mean, don't get me wrong...it really is friggin' cheap. And I get it, we can *_always_* play that "just a few hundred dollars more" game, too. :lol:

But at what point do we fall off that sliding scale of value and end up with something that is just yuck?
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Recently bought a nearly unfired S&W AR at a very good price. "No optic on this one", I said. So yesterday found me at a swap meet, guy was selling off some handguns at good prices. Those got snapped up quickly. Asked if he was sold out.

"Well, I have an EOTECH 512 out in the trunk, new in the box." I made sure it worked and snatched it up like a thief when he accepted my $200 counted offer.

'No optic on this one', yeah right..
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ :lol:

Yeah, right? :lol:
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Now is the time to buy, no doubt about it. Call it the Hillary Hangover, it won't go on forever.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

Javelin Man wrote:I just ordered a Del-Ton from Rural King for $359. It's supposed to have good reviews.
I saw the RK email for that and I might have pulled the trigger had I seen it in time.. Hope to hear your review.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe