Good holster retention is important.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Good holster retention is important.

Post by Bruenor »

Moments like this one are embarrassing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSi2bWYOcY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Good holster retention is important.

Post by TSiWRX »

^ At least no one tried to catch it! That could have been much worse than just embarrassing!
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

A high level IPSC shooter was just killed at a match in Vancouver by some sort of self inflicted unintentional discharge. Story I read was devoid of specifics but my first thought was 'fumbled draw followed by midair grab attempt'. My second thought was 'Gun had modifications that rendered it NOT drop-safe'.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Brian D. wrote:A high level IPSC shooter was just killed at a match in Vancouver by some sort of self inflicted unintentional discharge. Story I read was devoid of specifics but my first thought was 'fumbled draw followed by midair grab attempt'. My second thought was 'Gun had modifications that rendered it NOT drop-safe'.
Looks like that's what happened.
http://www.cfjctoday.com/article/575319 ... -community" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Apparently he fumbled his gun," Sloper said. "It slipped. You know, how often might you drop something? He tried to retrieve it and it went off. That just doesn't happen."
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson