Low profile gun belt

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BadCrosshairDay

Low profile gun belt

Post by BadCrosshairDay »

I'm looking for a new gun belt to go with jeans and untucked t-shirts. Most of the gun belts I see are very thick and because of that, they stick out almost an inch at the buckle.

Currently using an Uncle Mike instructor belt, but it has a velcro material that goes all the way around.

Any suggestions?
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Low profile gun belt

Post by TSiWRX »

The Voulnd Gearworks ATLAS belt as well as others like it that uses a "G-hook" will take care of your buckle concerns. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

Check out Zlogonje for a BioThane belt. I have been rocking one for about 3 years now.

Sturdy - won't roll over or warp with the weight of the gun/mags. Also thin - so it blends well without looking like a gun belt. Absolutely no stretching on my belt. It holds it shape quite well.

Added benefit (at least in my mind) is that the belt is "grippy". Your holster and mag carrier will not slide around easily on this belt.

http://www.zlogonje.com/belts.php/biothane-belts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

My favorite belt is from 5.11: http://www.lapolicegear.com/511-59503-b ... -belt.html

It's thin and has a center reinforcing layer to maintain stiffness. I haven't found another belt that can match the stiffness at this thickness.

At the buckle, it measured about 0.6" from the back side to the front top layer, buckled up. That's 3 layers plus the buckle thickness. Quite a bit less than the 1" you mentioned.
BadCrosshairDay

Thanks for the suggestions, they all look like they'd work just right.

Probably getting the atlas and the 5.11.

The atlas style is different from anything I've seen, and well reviewed so I want to try it. Unless my size - the only one out of stock- doesn't come back.

Chose the 5.11 over the biothane for the buckle style and the (fake?) basketweave look.

Any reason to go with a color other than black on the atlas? All my holster clips and handgun grips are black.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

BadCrosshairDay wrote: Any reason to go with a color other than black on the atlas? All my holster clips and handgun grips are black.
All the cool kids love gray or Multicam these days. :P
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

BadCrosshairDay wrote:Chose the 5.11 over the biothane for the buckle style and the (fake?) basketweave look.
The basketweave is an imprint on the belt, but over 2' away it looks pretty good.

The only thing to watch on the 5.11 is the screws and fasteners that hold the buckle to the leather via the loop. The fastener is an aluminum post, and if you find them loosening don't over tighten them and strip the threads of the fastener. That happened on one of mine - the aluminum threads were marginal - and 5.11 had to ship new fasteners to me. That belt is the one I've had the longest and it's still fine after four years of near daily use.
BadCrosshairDay

pk47 wrote:
BadCrosshairDay wrote:Chose the 5.11 over the biothane for the buckle style and the (fake?) basketweave look.
The basketweave is an imprint on the belt, but over 2' away it looks pretty good.

The only thing to watch on the 5.11 is the screws and fasteners that hold the buckle to the leather via the loop. The fastener is an aluminum post, and if you find them loosening don't over tighten them and strip the threads of the fastener. That happened on one of mine - the aluminum threads were marginal - and 5.11 had to ship new fasteners to me. That belt is the one I've had the longest and it's still fine after four years of near daily use.
Thanks for the info! The belt came in and I did have to undo one of those fasteners to get the label off all the way.
Believe That

Post by Believe That »

Another vote for the Volund Gearworks belt. I've worn one for over two years now and love it. First one I recommend when asked. Very low pro for aiwb and for me hits a great balance of stiffness with enough flexibility to be all day comfortable.

Also recently got a Nexbelt to try out for the heck of it. The "ratchet" design that makes incremental adjustments very easy. You can check out vids on YouTube on it and see if that type interests you. It's not as solid feeling as the Volund, but stiff enough for carry (their tactical version) and is pretty slick in terms of operation. I like it.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

The Primary & Secondary closed FB group has a running topic today about belts and AIWB carry. If you're not in the group, but have FB, let me know.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

These are probably too thick, but I toss out the link anyway for your perusal.
https://www.hanksbelts.com/collections/ ... -gun-belts
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.