Gunsmith for 1911 trigger in NE Ohio

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Gunsmith for 1911 trigger in NE Ohio

Post by pk47 »

Are there any gunsmiths in the northeast Ohio area who do good trigger jobs for 1911s?

I recently purchased a 1911 (my first) and while I can shoot it well I'd like to smoothen the trigger (no need to lighten it).

For now I'd like to not mess with the internals on my own.

Thanks.
ArmedAviator

Re: Gunsmith for 1911 trigger in NE Ohio

Post by ArmedAviator »

I can't answer your question, however I'd like to add this anyway.

My first pistol was a 1911, and with some research and YouTube video watching, I've come to the conclusion that buying the necessary equipment pays for itself the first time you do the trigger job. I've done it on 3 1911s now with excellent results.

Don't be afraid to learn about the internals. Especially if you're not lightening it at all, a light polishing of the sear, hammer, and trigger channel goes a long way. The required tools are available from Brownells on the cheap and instructions on YouTube.

Just TEST thoroughly after any gunsmithing (even if it's done by a professional).
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

The funnest way I've found to smooth a trigger is shoot it.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I'm a fan of the 1000 round trigger job, as suggested by screwman.

If you want a gunsmith, you could give Jim over at Viktors Legacy in Fairport Harbor a call.

http://www.viktorslegacy.com/other-services/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson