Beretta APX release date (finally) announced

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Beretta APX release date (finally) announced

Post by rimfireOH »

Beretta announced early this morning that their APX platform would be available on April 15th.
true_pair

Re: Beretta APX release date (finally) announced

Post by true_pair »

Another striker fired polymer handgun. I didn't see anything exciting on the product page. It gives consumers more options, that is the only plus I see from consumer side
"The great object is, that every man be armed"

-- Patrick Henry, speech of June 14 1788
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

true_pair wrote:Another striker fired polymer handgun.
A very valid point. The market is awash in these.

In all frankness, I've completely forgotten what first excited me when the APX was first announced two (?) years ago. I've gripped the Umarex airsoft version of the APX and that compared favorably to the Walther PPQ (to my palm and fingers, anyway). I'm itching to see what the trigger feels like, of course.

<heresy>It's not like I need another pistol.</heresy>
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I wonder if the release date to the civilian market depended on how the gun fared in the most recent US Army trials? If they'd won, Beretta might not have had time for civilian production of the thing.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Brian D. wrote:I wonder if the release date to the civilian market depended on how the gun fared in the most recent US Army trials? If they'd won, Beretta might not have had time for civilian production of the thing.
"Win the fight." ----Lose the bid. :twisted:
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Face

Post by Face »

So,,, Beretta released a Sig 320 with replaceable backstraps - but 2 years later?
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by rimfireOH »

Face wrote:So,,, Beretta released a Sig 320 with replaceable backstraps - but 2 years later?
Yep, something like that.
Whirlwind06
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Whirlwind06 »

Sorry for the thread drift...

But I think if Beretta would bring to market a polymer framed compact single stack 9mm TDA they could make a killing. Basically an upgraded S&W model 39, the only in production single stack that I'm aware of is the SIG 239 (and it's heavy). I know the TDA pistols are a niche market but at least some of the gun gurus are going back to it.
Beretta recently came out with a Ernest Langdon PX4
http://www.gunnuts.net/2015/08/17/ernes ... retta-px4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And I think they could do the same thing with a single stack TDA. I would buy one of those over another Glock clone, if I want a Glock like gun I'll buy a Glock.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Words from a friend who shall remain nameless.

"I was fortunate to be invited to T&E this pistol last year. I really, really like this new pistol. Having put nearly 1000 rounds through one in a 2 day pistol class--even before refinements I'm sure--its just hands down a phenomenal shooting pistol that feels great. I want one."
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Again a drift, still about Beretta: Couple years ago they announced the return of the model 92G, which is different from the standard series by having a spring loaded decocker that DOESN'T also function as a safety. In the past those were not sold to "civilians" for whatever reason, and police trade ins were hard to find. This time they are/were going to be sold to all.

So far they made one batch and shipped them to Wilson Combat for expensive enhancements. Thanks for nothing, Beretta!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

true_pair wrote:Another striker fired polymer handgun. I didn't see anything exciting on the product page. It gives consumers more options, that is the only plus I see from consumer side
Looks Glock-ish. Big surprise there...huh??
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Bah. Couldn't care less about yet another variation on a theme. I just wish they'd bring back the carbine kits for the Neos .22 pistols. :?
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

WY_Not wrote:Bah. Couldn't care less about yet another variation on a theme. I just wish they'd bring back the carbine kits for the Neos .22 pistols. :?
I wish they'd bring back the Cheetah...make it in Italy like a Beretta should be made...and also get rid of the stupid safety warning printed on their guns. :?
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

I've been underimpressed with Beretta, just.didnt.do it for me. I did consider their HD shotgun a.few years ago (semi-auto that they were pushing as a tactical.option at the time), but they would only sell civilians a 3 or 4 (can't recall) round magazine version, restricting the higher capacity version for LE only.

That.high capacity LE-only tube was only one more.round. And it wasn't more than 5 rounds total, maybe 4, with the longer tube.

Obviously, they wanted.LE folks, so I ended up with another.brand to help them keep it an LE only gun.

More power to them, though. I'll rent one of the new pistols to try it, if it gets favorable reviews.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

SOmeone please help me find out what caliber it is..
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens