Looking for Brown Gun Belt

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Looking for Brown Gun Belt

Post by Brian D. »

glocksmith wrote:
TSiWRX wrote:Being that comfort is by-definition subjective, it's far from unheard of for individual shooters to complain that a belt may actually be perceived as being "too stiff" and "cutting into one's waist/hips." Alternatively, with some of the belts that are not as stiff, they my need some extra tension in order to help support the gun/gear - and that tension/tightness at the waist my instead contribute to discomfort to other folks.
That's my problem there. I don't have wide hips, so I have to over tighten my belt in order to keep my weapon from pulling my pants down. At the same time, I don't do well with a tight belt around my belly and waist...I swear it causes me to eventually get a migraine. I wish they made a pair of suspenders which you could hook onto your belt for extra support...though I suppose the same effect could be achieved with suspenders attached to my pants.
Although I don't recall any brand names, there are suspenders that attach by directly looping around the belt. A year or two back I found some at Rural King and used them for a while. It was a little helpful with my typical load-out of a service size handgun and two spare magazines. Big improvement versus just the belt when a front pocket BUG plus speedloader was added to the mix. Not needed at all if going "light" with say an M&P shield + spare mags.

For sure, not everybody is built the same nor shares the same requirements regarding toted gear.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Soon I will begin carrying my N-frame snub...which in hindsight is a bit weighty for CC and I probably should've invested in an SP101 instead. OTOH those 8 shot moon clips are mighty comforting to have when things go wrong. What I like about the suspenders is you should be able to wear them hidden underneath a sweatshirt or even a "Hawaiian shirt". They would definitely help distribute the weight more diffusely and wouldn't make me look geeky like that Urkel character.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Face

Post by Face »

Brian D. wrote:
glocksmith wrote:
TSiWRX wrote:Being that comfort is by-definition subjective, it's far from unheard of for individual shooters to complain that a belt may actually be perceived as being "too stiff" and "cutting into one's waist/hips." Alternatively, with some of the belts that are not as stiff, they my need some extra tension in order to help support the gun/gear - and that tension/tightness at the waist my instead contribute to discomfort to other folks.
That's my problem there. I don't have wide hips, so I have to over tighten my belt in order to keep my weapon from pulling my pants down. At the same time, I don't do well with a tight belt around my belly and waist...I swear it causes me to eventually get a migraine. I wish they made a pair of suspenders which you could hook onto your belt for extra support...though I suppose the same effect could be achieved with suspenders attached to my pants.
Although I don't recall any brand names, there are suspenders that attach by directly looping around the belt. A year or two back I found some at Rural King and used them for a while. It was a little helpful with my typical load-out of a service size handgun and two spare magazines. Big improvement versus just the belt when a front pocket BUG plus speedloader was added to the mix. Not needed at all if going "light" with say an M&P shield + spare mags.

For sure, not everybody is built the same nor shares the same requirements regarding toted gear.[/quote]

These suspenders can be worn under a untucked shirt.

http://www.holdup.com/undergarment-suspenders.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also a few hundred other styles

Perry suspenders is the style that goes over ones belt

http://perrysuspenders.com/persus.htmlh ... ersus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

Thanks for the links Face.
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Face, you nailed it. My suspenders are from Perry.

********************************************************************************
Face

Post by Face »

Brian D. wrote:Face, you nailed it. My suspenders are from Perry.

Never paid attention, but will they fit a 2" belt?
Totally useless, waste of space, irrelevant, sig.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Face wrote:
Brian D. wrote:Face, you nailed it. My suspenders are from Perry.

Never paid attention, but will they fit a 2" belt?
I think so.

BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

Don't know where you are located, Winthrop is on Madison, in Lakewood.

http://www.winthropholsters.com/accessories-3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have a few of their holsters and a belt, I like 'em.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

KingoftheHills wrote:I realized that the belts I have are not supportive Gun Belts. I was looking to buy locally and support a business around the NEO area. Anyone have recommendations or contacts from previous gun shows?
http://www.thewilderness.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bought my first one in 2008. It just wore out after wearing it every single day.
Ordered my second on in January 2017. Wearing it now.

Buy one. 8)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

A quick google of "Amish gun belt Ohio" produced this:
http://www.coblentzleather.com/Leather- ... s/1477.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

I've been happy with the gun belts I've purchased from BullHide Belts based in Canton,Ohio.
https://www.bullhidebelts.com/
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.