M&P 22 Compact Question/Issue

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

westsidebestside

M&P 22 Compact Question/Issue

Post by westsidebestside »

I've had an M&P 22 Compact for a year or so, purely a range toy. Over the last couple of months, the pin that holds in the firing block starts moving out of the slide, always to the shooter's right when the gun is pointed downrange. I have no issue at all with tapping the pin back in every few hundred rounds, but if there is a fix, I'm all ears.
Brian D.

Re: M&P 22 Compact Question/Issue

Post by Brian D. »

I don't have an M&P, specifically a .22 variant in front of me today to examine, so a question or six: Does the pin go all the way through the slide? If so, you could peen it a bit at both ends? Or if it just goes in from one side into a hole that doesn't go all the way through, maybe you could remove the pin and bend it a wee little bit to provide more tension before re-inserting?
Another fix, sometimes employed by gunsmiths, is to get a piece of drill rod or solid pin that's just a few thousandths fatter than the current one.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
westsidebestside

Re: M&P 22 Compact Question/Issue

Post by westsidebestside »

Brian,

Thanks for the reply. The pin does go all the way through the slide. I'll give your suggestion a try.