AR pistol advice

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

1eyedking
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: AR pistol advice

Post by 1eyedking »

Dave Shooter wrote:I built an 8.5 inch BO pistol AR for a vehicle gun.
Supersonic allows use well past typical handgun range. Remington 120 grain is my choice with 147 FMJ reloads for fun.

Pistol length gas system and so far flawless function.
You're welcome to try it if you come up my way.
I'm having a problem here with your intent to use an AR pistol as a vehicle gun.

How does it not fit the misuse of a firearm provisions of the ORC?

The thing is far too unwieldy to have on your person. And having it stored separately from the ammo doesn't make a lot of sense if you have to exit the vehicle to get the mag and gun together. IMHO, you would be much better off with one of those little pea shooter twenty-twos.
hank.forker

Post by hank.forker »

A loaded AR type pistol is no different than any other pistol in the eyes of the law.
Valid CHL? AR pistol rides anywhere you want it, in whatever condition one is so inclined to keep it.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

1eyedking wrote:I'm having a problem here with your intent to use an AR pistol as a vehicle gun.

I'm not sure what provision you are referring to, could you link to or cite the section you are talking about?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JustaShooter wrote:
1eyedking wrote:I'm having a problem here with your intent to use an AR pistol as a vehicle gun.

I'm not sure what provision you are referring to, could you link to or cite the section you are talking about?
I'm confused about that as well.