Broken shoulder, can't carry strong-side

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

mpickles

Broken shoulder, can't carry strong-side

Post by mpickles »

I'm left-handed, so I used to carry left-side. Since I broke my shoulder a few months ago I still can't draw from 7 o'clock. Debating whether to pick up a right-hand holster, even if it's short term I figure a cheap holster would be better than simply tucking it into my waist. Anyone run into this issue before? How did you deal?
"A license is what you get when the government steals your rights away from you and then sells them back."
- Mark Edge
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: Broken shoulder, can't carry strong-side

Post by Javelin Man »

I had some surgeries on both wrists, but before my right wrist underwent the knife, I had a holster custom made for my P11 on my left side.

Another option is to get a cross draw holster, or use your own strong side holster and mount it cross draw.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
mpickles

Post by mpickles »

Javelin Man wrote:Another option is to get a cross draw holster, or use your own strong side holster and mount it cross draw.
When you say cross draw, do you mean wear it on the front-right and draw from the left? Sorry, I'm just having trouble picturing this.
"A license is what you get when the government steals your rights away from you and then sells them back."
- Mark Edge
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

mpickles wrote:
Javelin Man wrote:Another option is to get a cross draw holster, or use your own strong side holster and mount it cross draw.
When you say cross draw, do you mean wear it on the front-right and draw from the left? Sorry, I'm just having trouble picturing this.
Yep.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I suggest paying a bit more and get a good quality rig for the off side. Who knows, you may need it again.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.