Ammo and gun prices

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Ammo and gun prices

Post by Gramps »

There has been some fear in my mind of losing our rights in the near future, the availability of ammo and firearms somewhat calmed. At least for now and thinking the next four years.

Sure hope my optimism is well founded.

With that said I would think if others feel the same way ammo wouldn't be hoarded as much and buying of firearms out of concern would also slow down. I know this may take some time.

Seems prices should drop some.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ammo and gun prices

Post by Mr. Glock »

Certainly, we've seen panic buying under Obama. And that will slow way down with a Trump administration.

But, ammo companies have expected the 22 bubble burst for awhile, so they did some market research and found that some of those panic buyers were actually shooting their guns. A lot.

Back in the day, you'd take that 50 round 22 box to the range. Hard to shoot less than 250 rounds these days, it seems. The M&P 15-22 burns up way more rounds than the Marlin 60 or bolt action of yesterday.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm hopeful too. And maybe it's a holiday weekend thing but I've seen a few really good ammo deals both online and through brick and mortar stores of late.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
robbo

Post by robbo »

I've seen and bought 9mm at $10-11.99, .223 at $6.99, 5.56 @ $7-8.99 months before the holiday at brick and mortar stores. Im still scratching my head why .380 cost so much? hard to find good deals on .380. Im sure its probably a cause by the pocket gun frenzy.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

robbo wrote:I've seen and bought 9mm at $10-11.99, .223 at $6.99, 5.56 @ $7-8.99 months before the holiday at brick and mortar stores. Im still scratching my head why .380 cost so much? hard to find good deals on .380. Im sure its probably a cause by the pocket gun frenzy.
It's mainly because there are more 9mm rounds produced than 380, which drives the production cost down. Prior to the introduction of pocket pistols chambered for it, 380 used to be even higher than it is now. Walmart used to have a Perfecta brand for $13 for 50 in 380 that was pretty good, but I never see it anymore. It was replaced by an expensive brand. :(
robbo

Post by robbo »

M-Quigley wrote: It's mainly because there are more 9mm rounds produced than 380, which drives the production cost down. Prior to the introduction of pocket pistols chambered for it, 380 used to be even higher than it is now. Walmart used to have a Perfecta brand for $13 for 50 in 380 that was pretty good, but I never see it anymore. It was replaced by an expensive brand. :(
The lowest price I've seen 380 recently in a brick n mortar store was $17.99 - Winchester white box when on sale and you get 'half a bullet' the nose is flat..lol
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

I get .380 target ammo at wally world for $15 or so a box (I am really not sure how much exactly) and 9mm target for about $10 a box I think.
Anyway the Tulla .380 is dirty stuff so cleaning afterwards is a MUST for me!
Federal 9mm is not as dirty but I still clean all the pistols well after target shooting.
Not seeing any price drop yet in stores of online but looking forward to it!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <