Which pistol silencer?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

Which pistol silencer?

Post by ArmedAviator »

I'm aiming to pull the trigger on my first silencer/suppressor this week at Vandalia Armory in Dayton if the price is right.

I can read articles, reviews, and watch Youtube all day but I'm curious if any of you have input for a first and maybe only pistol-caliber suppressor.

Right now, I'm debating in my mind between:
Silencer Co. Osprey 45
Silencer Co. Octane 45
Griffin Armament Revolution 45

I will be using it with atleast a .45 1911 and some sort of 9mm pistol.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
FormerNavy

Re: Which pistol silencer?

Post by FormerNavy »

Osprey gets good reviews last time I was looking into it, and if I recall can be used with standard sights because of its offset nature.
marca

Post by marca »

I have the AAC TiRant 45 and like it. I just can't seem to warm up to the asymmetrical shape of the Osprey. To each his own.

If I only had one suppressor, I would consider a nice .22 suppressor. Something like the Silencerco Sparrow or the new Ruger unit. This is probably the most useful and most fun. I have the Sparrow and TAC65 and they are both versatile and fun.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Silencerco has 13 different piston mounts compared to Griffins 6, so you should be able to mount on a wider variety of firearms/barrel thread patterns.
The offset nature of the Osprey shouldl allow you to use your standard pistol sights, and not switch to high rise sights.
I would go with the Silencerco Osprey if it were my choice.

I own a Silencerco Saker 7.62 and really like it. The quick detach mount is secure and the can easily moves between several of my rifles. Very happy with the Ruggedness and performance of the silencerco products so far. My wife will even shoot my suppressed .308 , since the recoil and noise has been tamed.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson