Need M1 Garand BBL removed- Cleveland area

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Need M1 Garand BBL removed- Cleveland area

Post by JU-87 »

Hi all
I am looking for a Gunsmith, or someone who can remove a barrel from an M1 Garand reciever. Greater Cleveland area.
A special fixture is required for this.

I am NOT looking for a gun store where I can drop this off, wait a week,then another week, and pay the gunstore a mark-up because they subbed the job out. :roll:

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Need M1 Garand BBL removed- Cleveland area

Post by techmike »

The CMP does service work. http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/ They definitely know M1 Garands. Little bit of a drive from Cleveland, but they do have everything needed on site.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

JU-87 wrote:Hi all
I am looking for a Gunsmith, or someone who can remove a barrel from an M1 Garand reciever...
I kan remove barrel. I haz hacksaw !!

:twisted:
MyWifeSaidYes
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:
JU-87 wrote:Hi all
I am looking for a Gunsmith, or someone who can remove a barrel from an M1 Garand reciever...
I kan remove barrel. I haz hacksaw !!

:twisted:
You are always willing and ready to help Bro!
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

Just bought fixture & wrench.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Probably the best solution. Need a picture after you are done!
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788