SA Threaded Barrel for XDm-9?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ArmedAviator

SA Threaded Barrel for XDm-9?

Post by ArmedAviator »

I have an XDm-9 4.5" currently without the threaded barrel. I see aftermarket threaded barrels available, but does anyone know if and where I can get the OEM Springfield Armory threaded barrel for these guns?
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Bruenor

Re: SA Threaded Barrel for XDm-9?

Post by Bruenor »

ArmedAviator wrote:I have an XDm-9 4.5" currently without the threaded barrel. I see aftermarket threaded barrels available, but does anyone know if and where I can get the OEM Springfield Armory threaded barrel for these guns?
I've asked in the past and SA said they do not/will not sell their threaded barrels separately. If you find a different response somewhere please let me know.

The repair guy in the SA hut at Camp Perry was down right rude about it, when I asked about spare or replacement parts. All spare parts I've purchased for my XDm have been 3rd party. The PRP trigger upgrade was well worth the money and effort, wish I hadn't waited so long on that one.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bruenor wrote: I've asked in the past and SA said they do not/will not sell their threaded barrels separately. If you find a different response somewhere please let me know.

The repair guy in the SA hut at Camp Perry was down right rude about it, when I asked about spare or replacement parts. All spare parts I've purchased for my XDm have been 3rd party. The PRP trigger upgrade was well worth the money and effort, wish I hadn't waited so long on that one.
Hmm. Been three summers since my trip to Camp Perry when the SA hut was open. On that occasion they had tons of spare parts for most of what they make and the help extremely friendly. I wonder what the deal is with those barrels?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

They're probably just pushing current XDm owners to buy another gun to get the threaded barrel. It's a common way to increase sales but a bad way to ruin trust in a company. If they continue to make their OEM parts difficult /impossible to get, I'll probably be selling it and get a Glock.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Brian D. wrote:
Bruenor wrote: The repair guy in the SA hut at Camp Perry was down right rude about it, when I asked about spare or replacement parts.
Hmm. Been three summers since my trip to Camp Perry when the SA hut was open. On that occasion they had tons of spare parts for most of what they make and the help extremely friendly. I wonder what the deal is with those barrels?
Parts for rifles a plenty, but not for XD(m) pistols. only thing they seem to have for pistols is magazines.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

When I was there they had all manner of 1911 parts too. Other than recoil springs, nothing jumped out at me, only because there was no "build" project in my future. What made my wallet fly open were the basket of EMP magazines @ about $12 per. Just had to sort them by caliber, as 9mm and .40 variants were thrown into the same container sans any packaging.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.