Bulk 9x19mm range ammo for TDI

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Bulk 9x19mm range ammo for TDI

Post by Morne »

All,

I have signed up for a Handgun I-III class at TDI. The class description says to bring 1,800 rounds and NO steel core or steel jacketed ammo allowed. Thus, I will be buying 2,000 rounds (2 cases) of 9x19mm ammo to run through my Sig P320C. If possible, I would prefer 124-gr bullet weight.

What suggestions do you have? Please include links to good places to order (or shop in person).

I know all about the ammoseek website for shopping for a deal. But frankly, a lot of the cheapest stuff on there includes brands like "Freedom Ammunition" of which I have read multiple negative reviews. I don't want to be wrestling with ammo problems while on the line at TDI! :idea:

Yes, I do reload. Yes, I have dies for 9x19mm. That said, I have very little 9x19mm brass onhand to use (traded most of my supply off awhile ago for other stuff). So while I have enough primers, powder and bullets the lack of brass is an issue. Even if I had enough I'd still prefer decent factory ammo for a serious class like at TDI.

My thoughts so far include:
LAX 124-gr reloads $0.19ppr
Bite the Bullet 124-gr remans $0.17ppr
Armscor 124-gr FMJ $0.23ppr
Prvi Partizan 124-gr FMJ $0.23ppr
Blazer Brass 124-gr FMJ $0.20ppr
S&B 124-gr FMJ $0.20ppr
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
dl1911
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Bulk 9x19mm range ammo for TDI

Post by dl1911 »

Not sure how it compares but you might want to check the local gun shows. I know there's usually a few people there with bulk (cases) of ammo. Might even be able to talk them down further since you're buying more than a case.
Dale
1911 & IDPA Fan(atic), SIG Fan, and fan of less common calibers
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

PPU/Privi and Blazer Brass have both been very good for me in high-round count classes in 9/40/357 (PPU only on the 357Sig)

And I recently shot a case of PMC that I had gotten on sale, no issues but only 115 gr 9mm.

I wouldn't hestitate to use any of those 3 brands.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Freedom Munitions 124grain reman $.2032 PPR

https://www.freedommunitions.com/ammuni ... reman.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Aesinsp »

When I signed up for Handgun I-III, I ended up @ BulkAmmo.com for .40 cal. I purchased MBI reman ammo.
http://www.bulkammo.com/1000-rounds-of- ... -124gr-fmj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I had no mis-fires, failures to feed or eject.
That being said, clearing a malfunction during training isn't a bad idea in and of itself.
Last edited by Aesinsp on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

I second the Freedommunitions suggestion.
I've never had any problems with their remaned ammo.
They've got UMC new 115gr FMJ bulk on sale, 2000 rds = $395 and (I think free shipping).
Last edited by AlanM on Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Double3

Post by Double3 »

A little better price on Blazer Brass.

https://www.gunbuyer.com/p-71421-cci-9m ... -5201.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pleasantguywhopacks
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pleasantguywhopacks »

I have run S&B and Blazer brass the last two classes at TDI. I have also run the Alum cased Blazer with no issue. I think the only 124gr I ran was Federal though. I don't expect 124 to run any differnt than any of the above in 115. Also in that class the work isn't distance shooting and your not going to see any appreciable difference In accuracy or POI between 115 and 124. Its a high round class and I'd just shoot 115 if I were you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOxXpNBdrVE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
Life Member NRA
Stryker74
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Stryker74 »

I have found MagTech ammo to be reliable for me. I have shot about 3000 rounds of it while at TDI - never an issue. I can get you a box of 115 grain if you want to try it.

Try this search to exclude Freedom munitions: http://ammoseek.com/ammo/9mm-luger/-han ... w&ca=brass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A few students during my TDI trips have experienced problems with Freedom Munitions , but none that I saw this time.

I will be looking at buying more MagTech for April as well.
Aaron

NRA Life Endowment Member
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Refuse To Be A Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer
Kentucky CCDW Certified Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC, and the fight for your rights? Click the link to find out how!
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=64852" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/geco-9m ... -3538.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-bla ... -4172.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/aguila- ... -3401.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have had zero issues with any of these & just received another 1k rds of Aguila last week.
BOB
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Armscor and call it good. It goes for about 200-230 per 1000. I wouldn't fret about bullet weight, though this stuff is 124 grain. Shot like butter out of the P226 from Ballistic Radio a few years ago (helped get the round count up on the range - tough job).

Outside of hand loading, I've never noticed much difference between 115-147 grain ammo (it's there, but minute at best). Getting into spreads that .40 can offer though....that matters (my 135 grain loads were cake, the 165s were brutal, 180s slightly less brutal).
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
OhioPaints

Post by OhioPaints »

SGEammo.com and Target Sports are good suppliers. SGE has some Russian at $159 and $169/K + shipping, Target Sports runs a bit higher but includes shipping. They have S&B and Geco 9mm for $209/k including shipping.

The cheapest might not meet TDI's requirments but I have not had trouble with the PP, or really any of the lower cost ammo.

Ken
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

FFF in Ashland today had American Eagle 115-gr FMJ for $9.99 per box of 50. Snagged 8 boxes, figure I can practice with it and then reuse the brass.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

Freedom Ammuniton I can't speak for. Freedom Munitions (be careful not to confuse the two) has been excellent for me in 9x19 and .45ACP reloads. My roommate uses them as well in the same calibers. Thus far, well over 6k shot between us and no issues.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Morne wrote:But frankly, a lot of the cheapest stuff on there includes brands like "Freedom Ammunition" of which I have read multiple negative reviews. I don't want to be wrestling with ammo problems while on the line at TDI!
I cannot speak for Freedom Ammunitions, which I have not used (as with others above, I have had excellent luck with Freedom Munitions), however, I can guaranty you that for every brand and make you search, you'll find plenty of negatives, where it comes to range fodder. :lol:

All that you can do to better your chances of not having problems is to test your chosen ammo in your chosen gun before you go.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio