Brand new bodyguard 380 issues

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Luv2Camp

Re: Brand new bodyguard 380 issues

Post by Luv2Camp »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:Take a look at the new LCP 2.

Slide locks back. Single-action trigger. Better sights. Etc., etc.
Bought the lcp II tonight. Looking forward to shooting at the range next time. Now have to decide if I sell my old Lcp or keep it! Just wish the Crimson trace laser worked with the new one. Trigger is amazing compared to the first gen. Don't know that I would be comfortable just throwing it in my pocket without a pocket holster though. With my bodyguard and first gen Lcp, that trigger is not going to catch or snag on anything and easily discharge due to the heavy pull weight. Not so sure about the Lcp II.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Always use a pocket holster.....
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
robbo

Post by robbo »

Picked up an LCP II today to check it out. Trigger is waaaaay better than the older models and the Bodyguard. (Shorter and cleaner break) The redesign is overall huge improvement. Cant comment on shooting it, but it has to be just as good as the older gen LCP's Im probably going to make a purchase to replace my LCP just because of the trigger alone.
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

robbo wrote:Picked up an LCP II today to check it out. Trigger is waaaaay better than the older models and the Bodyguard. (Shorter and cleaner break) The redesign is overall huge improvement. Cant comment on shooting it, but it has to be just as good as the older gen LCP's Im probably going to make a purchase to replace my LCP just because of the trigger alone.
One thing I HATE about my LCP II is that the extractor really keeps a strong hold on the case. If I have the gun loaded and try to clear it, unless I really rack the slide back fast and hard, the round stays stuck in the extractor. Concerned in a threat situation if I had to clear a misfire round I will be in trouble. I also find mine to shoot low.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

It probably does that because little guns need all the help they can get with velocity and timing. If it isn't choking while extracting or feeding, then don't worry about the tension and learn to run the slide with some force - you know, the way it happens when you fire a round.

How low, and what distance? What sight picture are you using? Verified by another shooter?

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

jeep45238 wrote:It probably does that because little guns need all the help they can get with velocity and timing. If it isn't choking while extracting or feeding, then don't worry about the tension and learn to run the slide with some force - you know, the way it happens when you fire a round.

How low, and what distance? What sight picture are you using? Verified by another shooter?

Have not had anyone else shoot it yet. At 25 feet shooting about 4 inches low. I had no issues hitting center of the target with my gen 1 LCP, my bodyguard 380 or any other of my 15 handguns. This one shoots low!
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Again, what sight picture are you using?

-Important distinction
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

jeep45238 wrote:Again, what sight picture are you using?
I line up the top of the front sight with the top of the rear sight and aim it right where I want to hit. I do not focus much on the rear sights though. i do not believe it is my sight picture as this is my only gun I shoot low with. I even put a white mark on the tip of the front sight as I thought maybe with the dark front sight I was not picking up the entire front sight when shooting.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Try using the dot of the front sight as your aiming mark. Every Beretta 92 and classic Sig has this style from the factory, and shoot 'low' if using the top of the blade.

There's nothing wrong with heavy spring and extractor tension on small pistols, and likely nothing wrong with the gun or sights either.

Also, heavier grain ammunition tends to print higher on the target for the same sight picture, and lighter low. It will absolutely show up at those closer distances by a few inches, as will sight picture changes.

-Important distinction
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

jeep45238 wrote:Try using the dot of the front sight as your aiming mark. Every Beretta 92 and classic Sig has this style from the factory, and shoot 'low' if using the top of the blade.

There's nothing wrong with heavy spring and extractor tension on small pistols, and likely nothing wrong with the gun or sights either.

Also, heavier grain ammunition tends to print higher on the target for the same sight picture, and lighter low. It will absolutely show up at those closer distances by a few inches, as will sight picture changes.
There is no dot on an lcp II. That is why I painted the top of the front site white.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

No dot on my Sig either, and it still runs with #3. There's also a chance your paint job is playing optic tricks on you, versus keeping plain black.

Another option is to file the front sight down a bit to raise the point of impact.

-Important distinction
huskybiker

Post by huskybiker »

I have a BG380 (no laser), which I sometimes pocket carry. It has about 500 rounds through it with no malfunctions. I did have two rounds of factory ammo (don't remember what brand) that the bullet was loose in the casing. They were a little longer in the box and I could push the bullet farther into the casing easily.