Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

Post by JustaShooter »

I cannot describe how happy this makes me! I want to shout from the rooftops my gratitude to Ruger for making this fundamental change to the assembly/disassembly of their iconic Ruger .22 pistol!
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has announced the highly anticipated, heavily redesigned Ruger Mark IV pistol. While the pistol maintains the same classic outward appearance as the Mark III, its simple, one-button takedown for quick and easy field-stripping will be a welcome and appreciated change for fans of this model. A recessed button in the back of the frame allows the upper receiver to tilt up and off of the grip frame without the use of tools. The bolt simply slides out of the receiver and the barrel can be properly cleaned from chamber to muzzle.
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... iv-pistol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
DontTreadOnMe
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

Post by DontTreadOnMe »

I picked up a S&W Victory 22 earlier this year. I'm very happy with it, and it's msrp is more than $300 less than the comparable Mark IV. I'm not saying it's a bad gun, but it is really pricey. I hope at least the quality & reliability are up to the Mark III's standards.
jeep45238

Re: Ruger Introduces One-Button Takedown Mark IV Pistol

Post by jeep45238 »

They messed up by having a CNC frame. That drove the cost up too high to be competative.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction