Hardened Arms

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Werz
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Hardened Arms

Post by Werz »

Although I have never been addicted to well-known brand names, I like to have some idea of what I'm buying. I am working on a .300 AAC Blackout SBR build, and I came across this upper receiver assembly with a 10.5 inch barrel, which has most of the features I was seeking:

https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_502_31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does anyone have any experience with Hardened Arms? Thoughts?

(And, yeah, you can throw in, "Ya gotta buy Brand X!" but I'm more interested in objective comments on materials and construction than fanboy loyalty.)
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
"Remember that protecting our gun rights still boils down to keeping a majority in the electorate, and that our daily activities can have the impact of being ambassadors for the gun culture ..."
-- BobK
Open carry is a First Amendment exercise.
Bruenor

Re: Hardened Arms

Post by Bruenor »

Not familiar with that manufacturer, but the components are very similar to my 300 blackout build. I probably spent at least that much if not more piecing mine together. I'm still waiting on the ATF for my stamp so I can convert it from a pistol to a SBR. The 10.5 Heavy barrel makes it seem a bit front heavy as a pistol, hoping it will balance out a bit more when I can mount a stock on the rear.

Overall Hardened arms looks like a nice build.

take a look at the Radical arms as well, the component list looks pretty similar and the price is pretty sweet.
http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product- ... -10fgs.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Hardened Arms

Post by TSiWRX »

Iraqguns on M4C.net didn't think very highly of them.

Another M4C member who has a 10.5 pistol had to polish the feed ramps for it to feed correctly, but his 16" was fine. Reviews from other Forums also seem to be mixed (i.e. I remember one ARFCOM post where a member ordered a 1:9 barrel upper, but was shipped a 1:7).
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio