"Browning" Hi Power made by Nighthawk..

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

"Browning" Hi Power made by Nighthawk..

Post by Brian D. »

A brief overview of the treatment given to the venerable Browning Hi Power made by Nighthawk. I got to handle one at Blackwing Shooting Center in Delaware Ohio the day before our OFCC annual picnic. Basically they use original FN guns and add a few touches. The grip frame is stippled for better handling, top of slide is given a non glare treatment, a beavertail is added at the rear, a brass bead is put on the front sight, and a shorter reach trigger replaces the original. The magazine disconnect remains, and the trigger pull isn't worked over. The one I examined was two tone, black over hard chrome. It was probably built on the Browning Practical model, so they didn't make changes there.

At $3000 I did NOT see anywhere near that much improvement over the original offering.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: "Browning" Hi Power made by Nighthawk..

Post by Morne »

Sounds nice...but that's a LOT of coin by anybody's standard... :shock:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

I'm disappointed there's no action work at that price point. For that coin, I'd be expecting some work to be done with the sear lever amongst other things, not pure cosmetics.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

According to Nighthawk, the internals are worked over, and the magazine disconnect is done away with by using a different trigger without a place for that "safety" mechanism to attach. Their website insists that's the case. However, on the only one I've ever seen in person...nope.

I mentioned this on the 1911dotcom Forum and a representative from Nighthawk sent me a private message in short order: He wanted to know where this gun was so they could get it back!

I've heard nothing since, but don't visit that forum much lately.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.