Not A Competitive Shooter? Some Other NM Activities!

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Not A Competitive Shooter? Some Other NM Activities!

Post by JU-87 »

Not A Competitive Shooter? Here Are Some Other National Match Activities!
A Guide For Collectors & Non-Competitors

Each year thousands of shooters flock to the area surrounding Port Clinton, Ohio for the National Matches at Camp Perry. Most are competitors of various skill levels who plan on participating in their respective discipline over the course of a match schedule that runs longer than a month in duration. Less publicized are the crowds of collectors, non-competing shooters, and family members that attend the matches. Many folks who prefer not to actively compete in the matches remain unaware that there are a number of activities in Camp Perry that don’t require a single squeeze of the trigger. Most of these activities can be experienced in a single day, but a brief weekend trip would likely prove ideal to fully enjoy the National Match experience.
http://criterionbarrels.com/media/non-s ... activities" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
heathen

Re: Not A Competitive Shooter? Some Other NM Activities!

Post by heathen »

I love it out there at Camp Perry. I'm not a competitive shooter but have shot the Small Arms Firing School and CMP/DCM Clinics several times. I shot one 600 yard match.
I mostly go there for Commercial Row and have been doing so for about 30 years. Many of the venders remember me. To me it's like a big Gun Show and I'm sad to see it end every year. I'm local so it's just a short drive and usually go two or more times a season.