How CCI .22lr ammo is made. (VIDEO)

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

How CCI .22lr ammo is made. (VIDEO)

Post by JU-87 »

Very interesting 10 minute video. :)
Rimfire master 22Plinkster got a chance to visit the CCI and Speer factory and to see where some standard velocity 50-pack bricks go from raw material to finished cartridge.

From making a cup from a sheet of brass, to the wash, annealing and shaking, the dried cup gets formed to the right length and caliber. Then it gets headed, marked, and charged with a primer into the rim of the newly formed case. Once dried, it is charged with propellant and a bullet is seated, waxed and packed.

Now if only the prices would go back to 2012…

http://www.guns.com/2016/08/02/a-walk-t ... o-is-born/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
Brian D.

Re: How CCI .22lr ammo is made. (VIDEO)

Post by Brian D. »

I'll look at it but this could be torturous, seeing .22 LR ammo but not being able to buy it. Worse than someone mentioning White Castles when you happen to be west of Kansas City and can't go get some.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

I haven't seen any CCI bulk ammo on the shelves for a couple years now. I do see some CCI Minimags but, I want the Blazer Bulk pack for most of my shooting.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Bruenor wrote:I haven't seen any CCI bulk ammo on the shelves for a couple years now. I do see some CCI Minimags but, I want the Blazer Bulk pack for most of my shooting.
+1 on the Blazer Bulk .22 40 grain solid lead round nose - that stuff shoots remarkably well out of my 10/22 carbines.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

That was a pretty cool video. Thanks for sharing!
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Amazes me that people are still hoarding 22LR ammo.
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

I wonder if folks are still hoarding it or if the ammo manufacturers are purposefully keeping the supply down..So they can keep making a killing off of it.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Bama.45 wrote:I wonder if folks are still hoarding it or if the ammo manufacturers are purposefully keeping the supply down..So they can keep making a killing off of it.
Supposedly the cost to the dustributors hasn't gone up. Retailers and resellers on the other hand.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Bama.45 wrote:I wonder if folks are still hoarding it or if the ammo manufacturers are purposefully keeping the supply down..So they can keep making a killing off of it.
We've met the enemy and it is us - well, the subset of "us" that is hoarding. Manufacturers are running their lines at capacity, and there have been additional lines that have been built and are now running, and from what I see in the stores we might actually be catching up with demand - but in 3 months, that may all go down the tubes... Again...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

Amazing the consistency is as good with the end product with all the steps. Same with all ammo.........
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <