Thinking of selling my AR.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

CombatShotgunner

Thinking of selling my AR.

Post by CombatShotgunner »

Pretty self explanatory. I'm thinking about leaving the 5.56/223 platform and going with a FiveseveN pistol instead. I like everything I've read and heard about it. I prefer a Shotgun when I want to use a long gun anyway plus I don't live close enough to a place to shoot long distance anyway. My mind is so scattered right now with everything going on that I lost my train of thought. Sorry.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Thinking of selling my AR.

Post by TSiWRX »

Wait out - if another craze comes, you should be able to recoup your investment...or even make some money off of it.

Selling now, you'd be battling every other person who's STILL trying to sell off their irrational panic-driven purchase during the last craze, and also a market that is still saturated with excellent new products, at great prices.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

I know a guy who wants to buy one if you're serious
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Double3

Post by Double3 »

I wouldn't but do what you gotta do.
CombatShotgunner

The only way I would sell it is if I get the price I have in mind. I work with a guy who wants it but he hasn't shown me cash like normal. I would just replace it with an AR pistol or the FiveseveN.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

What's the price of 5.7 ammunition? Is it even available? Some things you have to investigate.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
CombatShotgunner

Very true. After watching the events in Dallas I think that it is a very bad idea to have an AR though. I don't think that it would practical in most situations.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

CombatShotgunner wrote:Very true. After watching the events in Dallas I think that it is a very bad idea to have an AR though. I don't think that it would practical in most situations.
With all the options and configurations available off the shelf, plus the capability for an end user to set one up in a zillion different ways? Okay then, maybe the AR isn't what you're seeking, but the things are perhaps the most versatile firearm platform ever.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

CombatShotgunner wrote:After watching the events in Dallas I think that it is a very bad idea to have an AR though. I don't think that it would practical in most situations.
:?:
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

CombatShotgunner wrote:Very true. After watching the events in Dallas I think that it is a very bad idea to have an AR though. I don't think that it would practical in most situations.
I agree, what is it and how much do you want for it?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by JU-87 »

WHAT!

You are wrong.
It is (one of) the BEST firearms to own today!
Your not going to base your choices on the actions of criminals are you?
Your not going to let the controlled ,liberal, biased media make your choices are you?

Here are some reasons to keep your AR-15:
1. It's a great rifle to defend against tryanny. That's "THE" reason for the Second Amendment! :)
2. You can use it to defend your family, yourself, and your community in the case of crime/ civil unrest.
3. You can use it to target shoot out to 600 yards! I do and it's a lot of fun! Here is how to learn:
http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-nati ... g-schools/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
4. You can hunt varmints such as grounhog & cotote with it (in 5.56mm).
5. Prices are low now. You will lose money on it.

I own SEVERAL AR-15's. :shock: 8) :lol: I think I'll buy a stripped lower for a future project...

The Five seveN pistol IS very interesting. But it is not a rifle. Keep the AR-15. And show a little backbone.
Best regards.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
CombatShotgunner

When I say it's not practical I mean that I can't walk around in public with it. If there is a TEOTWAWKI situation I have two Russian AK's at the ready. Its very true that prices are low. I also have tactical shotguns. I train with a group of guys all equipped with AR's and AK's. We have spares. Like I said, it's something that I'm thinking about. I spent eight years in the Marines. I can shoot long distances no problem.
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
I agree, what is it and how much do you want for it?
I find it very considerate that you are so selflessly willing to help out another forumite so he doesn't have to deal with this problem anymore. :wink:
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

CombatShotgunner wrote:When I say it's not practical I mean that I can't walk around in public with it. If there is a TEOTWAWKI situation I have two Russian AK's at the ready. Its very true that prices are low. I also have tactical shotguns. I train with a group of guys all equipped with AR's and AK's. We have spares. Like I said, it's something that I'm thinking about. I spent eight years in the Marines. I can shoot long distances no problem.
Ah, now I understand. :) Certainly a valid viewpoint.

But let me play devil's advocate for a bit:

I'd say that toting around a "shotgun pistol" (REF: http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87871" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is also gonna garner some unwanted attention.....

As a concealed weapon, I think the difference between an AR-pistol (even a pistol-caliber one) and a "shotgun pistol" like the Serbu shorty - or simply an SBR of either - will get plenty of attention from both civilians as well as responding law-enforcement alike.

If we're arguing this point of practicality, I think it's more subjective than anything else.

If you're looking for a logical reason to ditch that AR to go to something else, I really don't think that this qualifies. However, as a personal-preference issue, it's certainly valid - and in all honesty, if it's just that, then it needs no more justification than you simply want to do it. :)
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

CombatShotgunner wrote:When I say it's not practical I mean that I can't walk around in public with it. If there is a TEOTWAWKI situation I have two Russian AK's at the ready. Its very true that prices are low. I also have tactical shotguns. I train with a group of guys all equipped with AR's and AK's. We have spares. Like I said, it's something that I'm thinking about. I spent eight years in the Marines. I can shoot long distances no problem.
I was just going to ask if you had other battle rifles. Since you do, I won't try to convince you to keep it.

It's a crazy world, getting crazier. Every household that can ought to have at least one battle rifle.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!