Anyone order from Botach recently?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

hkuspclem40

Anyone order from Botach recently?

Post by hkuspclem40 »

Has anyone placed an order with Botach recently?

Your experience?

If I remember correctly, I was reading stories of orders not shipping, cancellations, billing issues, back orders.

They had something I've been shopping for but I'm a little hesitant to order through them.

Thanks.
NRA Life Member
Brian D.

Re: Anyone order from Botach recently?

Post by Brian D. »

According to friends who buy from Botach, there's always a chance of delay, backorder, billing before product ships, etc. But those guys can't resist the prices and continue to "spin the wheel" with the company anyway.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Curzyk

Post by Curzyk »

I ordered from Botach on 2/20/2015. It had shown as "in stock" on their web site, but I received an email that there would be a delay and that they were expecting a shipment soon. I exchanged emails with them where they assured me that their shipment had arrived and that they were processing orders. It finally shipped on 3/17/2015, minus the bonus magazines that were part of the offer. I finally received the extra magazines a few weeks later.

All in all, the delays were annoying, but the price was worth it (to me) in this case. I'd probably order from them again. To put this in context, OpticsPlanet is on my boycott list due to excessive delays for products regularly listed as "in stock".
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

As with the others, price is my main reason for continuing to shop with Botach.

They've improved recently (within the last year or so), from all reports, as well as from my personal experience - although they can still be touch-and-go.

Their eBay store seems to ship consistently fast, and furthermore reflect accurate stock.

Items highlighted in their email blasts (both for their eBay store as well as for their own web-store) can sometimes have stocking concerns. I rather recently purchased two Surefire XC1 units from them, on two separate occasions. The first, in January, showed the item in-stock and indeed, it was shipped and arrived very quickly. The second was in April, and although the item showed in-stock status, was actually a pre-order. It took approximately one working week before the item was shipped, but in the interim, my credit-card had reached the end of its expiration date: they initiated contact both via e-mail as well as over the phone to get in touch with me to correct this concern, and the representative I spoke with was both courteous and professional.

While I would not hesitate to give them a try, I would say that if you need an item badly - on a deadline - you may want to spend a few extra bucks and look to a vendor that has a better stocking/shipping record.

But if you're looking to save a buck and don't care much when the item is shipped, Botach isn't that bad - at least not currently.

Some of my history with them:
http://www.ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic. ... h#p4282157" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.xdtalk.com/threads/looking-f ... ck.282799/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Forgot to mention:

My last XC1 order arrived to me with what appeared to be a defective mount. I called Surefire (and waited through the 45 minutes of hold time - be aware that their automated call-back system is rumored to be -NOT- working properly, even as recently as just 2 weeks ago), and was given the option of having a new mount and C-clip assembly sent to me for self-service or to be given an RMA for product return. I elected the latter, as the C/S rep. warned that the small C-clip on this particular mount is not easy to self-service.

After five weeks (which was the quoted lead time), I received the unit back as a new replacement from Surefire. No questions asked. For those who are apprehensive about purchasing Surefire products from Botach, no worries anymore, it seems.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
hkuspclem40

Post by hkuspclem40 »

Thanks everybody for the input. I went ahead and ordered. Not in a hurry so as long as it eventually ships and there's no billing issues, I'll consider it a success.

Thanks again.
NRA Life Member
painiac

Post by painiac »

I've always received my orders from them eventually, but it's been quite awhile since I've spun the wheel. My method has been to call them after a couple weeks to check status.

One time I called about 20 minutes after their posted opening hour, and a guy who identified himself as a security guard answered the phone and then booted up the computer to check on the order for me. Maybe we're not paying them enough to be professional...