If you started with zero guns today any changes?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

If you started with zero guns today any changes?

Post by Morne »

Hypothetically, if you suddenly found yourself with zero guns in your ownership...let's say a house fire got them all...would your re-population of the gunsafe be different than before the loss?

I know for me it would be. It'd be a lot different. I avoid whole calibers, like .40 S&W, simply because I have enough other pistols in enough other chamberings that I don't want/need .40 S&W. But if I had to start the collection over I think .40 S&W would be my primary choice for semi-autos.

Ditto rifles - I've avoided .308 WIN because I made my bed in .30-06. If I started all over I think I'd go heavy on .308.

Heck, even shotguns might change for me. Realistically the 20-gauge is plenty of gun for my needs. It's just that I'm so invested in the 12-gauage that I find it hard to change.

Inertia...applies to gun ownership, too... :idea:
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: If you started with zero guns today any changes?

Post by Mr. Glock »

You can always sell and buy new....called "improving the collection".

But, in this situation, first purchase would be a Glock 19. Then an AR.

That's a good go-to even if you have a lot of guns.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Ugh! That hypothetical fire would likely also do in a good bit of my ammunition too. I don't want to think about this anymore. Going to go get some ice cream now. Mmm, ice cream!
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I'd take a loan out and buy an AR & an AK before Her Highness tries to outlaw them. Just get one .45 acp 1911 because they miraculously multiply in a gun safe. Then a double stack 9mm pistol of a quality flavor and finally get a .22 pistol if the government would ever quit buying the entire supply of .22 ammo.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

No way that ice cream survives any house fire that destroys all the guns and ammo.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

Sevens wrote:No way that ice cream survives any house fire that destroys all the guns and ammo.
:shock: WHAAAAAT
1rst thing i would do is buy a bigger safe & enjoy shopping spree 2.0 to follow. :lol:
BOB
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

First gun would be a mini .380. Could be another Ruger LCP, but I wouldn't rule out a Beretta Pico or Glock 42.

This is my true everyday concealed carry gun. It's small and light and sits next to my wallet. The .380 is in my pocket most of the time while I'm home, but both go with me when I leave the house.

Next would be my OC gun. An M&P 9c is most likely, but whatever I get next will have a threaded barrel.

I agree that a 20-gauge is where I would go for a home defense shotgun. My reason is that my wife and daughter are just more comfortable shooting a 20-gauge.

The AR would have to come next. I would still go with a pistol format, but I might make it more...fabulous.

MyWifeSaidYes