Constitution Firearms - Guns for the physically disabled.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Constitution Firearms - Guns for the physically disabled.

Post by Bruenor »

Interesting approach, figured I would give them a mention to help spread the word of their unique offerings.

http://constitutionarms.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The sideways “T”-shaped, ergonomic Palm Pistol®, and the Palm Carbine® based on it, are specially designed firearms that can be fired by depressing a trigger at the top and/or bottom with one’s thumb or combination of other fingers. This allows individuals with weak hands, amputations, arthritis, muscular degeneration or other debilitating medical issues to operate the firearm with ease and accuracy, creating numerous rehabilitative as well as recreational opportunities.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Greg the baker

Re: Constitution Firearms - Guns for the physically disabled

Post by Greg the baker »

Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. Based on the design, I wonder how they were able to get around the NFA AOW (any other weapon) designation.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Greg the baker wrote:Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. Based on the design, I wonder how they were able to get around the NFA AOW (any other weapon) designation.
Don't know.. Would be interestin to see that exchange.
The ATF has classified the Palm Pistol® as a “standard pistol” under the Gun Control Act and not AOW (Any Other Weapon) under the National Firearms Act.
If He pulls off the reimbursement trick that will be impressive as well..
the company plans to seek FDA recognition of the Palm Pistol® as medical equipment for impaired individuals, potentially qualifying owners for insurance reimbursement.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The pistol (or one much like it) has been in development quite a while now, with such press releases on an intermittent basis. In the past there was less focus on the "medical/disabled" aspects. And, the rifle version is a new wrinkle, best I remember.

In some such cases, this means the original creators ran out of development and marketing money. That would lead me to advise one thing: If this product interests you, don't prepay even a penny; buy only what's available for immediate sale. Even at that, you may be getting something that has zero refund, replacement or repair support.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.