Rifle scope brands to avoid?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Rifle scope brands to avoid?

Post by techmike »

You said you are not interested in Barska, but perhaps you might check THIS ONE. I had higher $$ lower power scopes on my AR's but replaced them a pair of these Barskas. They have enough power that I can see .22 cal holes in paper at 100 yards. Mine have maintained zero for several years and seem well made. The only issue I had was the turrets on both scopes were very stiff out of the box. Removed the turret caps, cleaned out the factory grease and have had no more issues.
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Even good optics can break unexpectedly - that's what the warranty is for, and sometimes, you're paying for knowing that you will have that customer-service should you ever be unlucky enough to need it. To wit: my Aimpoint T1 borked itself after just one class and a few low-round-count range days. It took a vacation to Sweden, and came back in the form of a different T1 altogether: they actually couldn't repair the original.

Also, make sure your budget includes a good mount.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Greg the baker wrote:
Mr. Glock wrote:The Nikon stuff for ARs is pretty nice, espcially with the 223 BDC reticle, and not too pricey.
+1. I've got a 3-9X40mm Nikon p223 on my varmint rifle AR build.
Late to the game, but I'll add a "me too" for the Nikon 223.

Like you, I'm not interested in spending a fortune on scopes. Particularly as I rarely use them. In contrast, I prefer better than the low-cost scopes seem to offer. I've had two of the Nikon scopes and have found them excellent for the cost.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.