kydex knife sheaths

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cmazzac

kydex knife sheaths

Post by Cmazzac »

Does anyone know where they would make custom kydex knife sheaths locally(Dayton"? I bought a CRKT for backpacking and the sheath it came with is right handed (I'm not), and pretty cheap. Any info would be great, thanks.
Bruenor

Re: kydex knife sheaths

Post by Bruenor »

Kydex is a pretty forgiving material to work with, you could take a shot at it yourself using standard tools you probably already own. ..

http://www.knifekits.com/kydex.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a thought.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I think you're a bit of a drive from Survival Tactics, which is near Columbus, but you might want to give those guys an e-mail and see what they can do. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
P.T.145 Pro

Post by P.T.145 Pro »

THERE is normally a guy at our local gun shows that has a booth that makes anything on site i see them at the sharonville and Wilmington shows every time i go
Cmazzac

Post by Cmazzac »

Thanks for the input, I didn't think about the gun show, haven't been to one of those in quite some time.
Tesser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Tesser »

Found the vendor Survival Tactics in Reynoldsburg on this thread and just had a custom sheath made for a fixed blade (Spyderco Warrior) that I had purchased years ago. The owner Steve did a real nice job on the sheath and was a pleasure to talk with.
Liberty is the soul's right to breathe, and when it cannot take a long breath, laws are girdled too tight.

HENRY WARD BEECHER, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit