Thoughts on .400 Cor Bon

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian_Horton

Post by Brian_Horton »

I always thought that if I ever did a caliber conversion to a 1911 .45acp (besides a .22LR) that it would be .460Rowland. petrofergov, you ought to check that round out after you have had fun with the .400 Corbon.
When the goin' gets tough, the tough go cyclic.

Happiness is a crew served weapon.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Brian_Horton wrote:I always thought that if I ever did a caliber conversion to a 1911 .45acp (besides a .22LR) that it would be .460Rowland. petrofergov, you ought to check that round out after you have had fun with the .400 Corbon.
That would be a pin buster definately!

Nice thing about Cor Bon, though, is an inexhaustable supply of cheap brass. :D
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Brian_Horton wrote:You make an excellent point about juries being stupid. My dad just served on a jury for a somewhat tricky DUI case. He was shocked at how everyone else but him and one other person didn't hardly pay attention to any of the arguements and details of the case.

Even then some of them had a hard time following along as he explained all the relevant details. These were regular people businessmen, home makers, retirees, etc. Rather shocking and scary really.
You gotta keep in mind that the average IQ is 100. This means that half the people you meet have trouble tying their shoes. Perhaps this explains the popularity of velcro shoe closures and the significant increase in participation in professional basketball since their development....

And in another post:
Brian_Horton wrote:In addition, high-velocity ammo has a much greater tendency to pass through targets, thus expanding your potential liability, and I don't care what jello monsters show, you would have a hard time proving that a round wouldn't pass through a human at high velocity, unless you have actually done this, but that seems to be the word in Iraq, that 9mm isn't putting the enemy down, and it isn't because it is underpowered; it is because the projectiles pass through their targets
There is a substantial trade-off between projectile weight, muzzle velocity, bullet expansion, and depth of penetration. An increase in one or another of these variable offsets (or upsets) the others. Often the lighter JHP bullets with high velocity will penetrate less deeply than slower heavier bullets. This is largely due to their increased diameter from rapid expansion.

My son is a tanker in Iraq. He carries a 9mm Beretta (when he doesn't have his 120mm with him...). He notes (as you do) that the 9's were punching little holes straight through the bad guys.

Government Issue 9mm ammo is hardball. Of course, sometimes guys will go out of pocket and buy their own, fancier ammunition, with more impressive results....
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

tommcnaughton wrote: Government Issue 9mm ammo is hardball. Of course, sometimes guys will go out of pocket and buy their own, fancier ammunition, with more impressive results....
Given the fact they sent some good soldiers to leavenworth for "torturing" iraq prisoners, I wonder if your son and his friends are setting themselves up by using non issue, NATO approved ammunition?

I guess it's a moot point. If yer dead leavenworth isn't much of a concern.