Mini-Me's Smith & Wesson Revolver Dissassembly Guide

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Mini-Me's Smith & Wesson Revolver Dissassembly Guide

Post by Chuck »

Evan Price told me at the PITP that he was considering starting them up again

Let us offer him some encouragement

Do it, do it, DO IT!!
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Atilla wrote:Very nice. I have a few K frames and I am sure the J, L, and N frames are very similar.
Hey now, let's be all inclusive. Are we a group of Framists here or what?! It's 2017, "exclusion" is unacceptable.

If I won't stand up for I-frames and X-frames, ~WHO~ will stand up for I-frames and X-frames?!
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Try http://imgur.com/ for image hosting.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

Sevens wrote:
Atilla wrote:Very nice. I have a few K frames and I am sure the J, L, and N frames are very similar.
Hey now, let's be all inclusive. Are we a group of Framists here or what?! It's 2017, "exclusion" is unacceptable.

If I won't stand up for I-frames and X-frames, ~WHO~ will stand up for I-frames and X-frames?!
Once again the tiny little "M" frame is forgotten and unloved.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

For those who use Firefox or Chrome, google "photobucket fix" and find that there is an add-in for those browsers that will allow you to see the pictures.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

schmieg wrote:For those who use Firefox or Chrome, google "photobucket fix" and find that there is an add-in for those browsers that will allow you to see the pictures.
THANK YOU!!!! I installed the fix to my Chrome and now I can see the images.

On the original subject:
During one of the Parties In The Park I won one of the firearms in the drawings.
In my case it was a nice little five shot J frame S&W 442 Heller Decision Commemorative.
Unfortunately it had the infamous S&W integral lock. I bought a lock removal kit and a spring kit to make the gun more reliable and with a lighter trigger pull.
Well, the lock's removed and the hole plug installed and now I need to reassemble the gun.
This thread will be of great help.

Note: I had launched the rebound spring block into a very well hidden place in my basement man cave a couple of years ago and have yet to find it.
Brownell's does not list the block as being a replacement part at all so I thought I was screwed.
Just a week ago I searched the net again and found that Midway stocks them for J frames and ordered one.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

AlanM wrote:
schmieg wrote:For those who use Firefox or Chrome, google "photobucket fix" and find that there is an add-in for those browsers that will allow you to see the pictures.
THANK YOU!!!! I installed the fix to my Chrome and now I can see the images.

On the original subject:
During one of the Parties In The Park I won one of the firearms in the drawings.
In my case it was a nice little five shot J frame S&W 442 Heller Decision Commemorative.
Unfortunately it had the infamous S&W integral lock. I bought a lock removal kit and a spring kit to make the gun more reliable and with a lighter trigger pull.
Well, the lock's removed and the hole plug installed and now I need to reassemble the gun.
This thread will be of great help.

Note: I had launched the rebound spring block into a very well hidden place in my basement man cave a couple of years ago and have yet to find it.
Brownell's does not list the block as being a replacement part at all so I thought I was screwed.
Just a week ago I searched the net again and found that Midway stocks them for J frames and ordered one.
A long time ago, I found that S&W is pretty good about sending tiny little springs to you at no charge as long as you can identify the spring you need. Don't ask why I needed to find that out.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Not a spring, the rebound spring BLOCK.
The little .25" x .25" x .875" piece of steel with a hole drilled down the middle.
Evan calls this part the rebound slide.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/38907 ... 40-642-940
I must have bought their only one. That now shows "out of stock".

For a LONG time I thought the reason I couldn't find one listed on sites that sell parts was due to it being hand fitted to the gun.
I knew that if I sent the gun back to S&W to be repaired I'd get it back with a new lock mechanism in it, so it's been locked away for quite some time.
The new part is in transit as I type this.
AlanM