What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

walnut red

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by walnut red »

I bought a SCCy 9mm pistol. Didn't plan on buying a pistol buy I stopped at Rural King looking for something else on the way home from work. Wandered by the gun counter and walked out with the pistol and 2 boxes of ammo for <$226. I already alternate between 380, 40 S&W and 45 ACP for CCW, depending on what I'm wearing. So I'm telling myself this fills the gap between the KelTec P380 and the KAHR CW40. So far I've just done some informal plinking out back and my only complaint is these are the HARDEST magazines to load I've ever handled. Anyone own/carry a SCCY?
techmike
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by techmike »

Not yet, but they have been tempting me. Full page color ad in Firearm News, the fit & finish looks real good in 2D. How is it in 3D?
"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams, Massachusetts Ratifying Convention, 1788
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I think SCCY was formed by employees of Kel-Tec. With either brand I would advise against tinkering with the internals, or doing much dry-firing. Both companies supposedly have question free warranties-- unless you do said tinkering or use reloaded ammunition.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

The Kel-Tec warranty used to be question-free- if you paid the shipping- during the late unpleasantness of the early Obama administration. In the second term, it became with receipt to the original owner (or similar...it changed)

Owned 3 Kel-Tecs, four return trips to HQ. At the cost to ship a gun these days, might be something to consider.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
walnut red

Post by walnut red »

techmike wrote:Not yet, but they have been tempting me. Full page color ad in Firearm News, the fit & finish looks real good in 2D. How is it in 3D?
While handling them if you didn't know who made which firearm you would have a hard time telling the difference in quality between my KARH or S&W M&P. My P3AT has a slightly larger gap between the frame and slide. I like the trigger pull on the S&W best of the 4. The SCCY is very smooth but long. Some reviews say the SCCY trigger is similar to a DA revolver. I've fired a LOT of revolvers DA, usually Smiths, and the trigger pulls are not the same to me. The place I bought th epistol from said they have sold a lot with no complaints. Online I've read where some dealers quit stocking the SCCY due to customer complaints, Though I suspect those were the Gen 1 pistols which had some problems that the Gen 2 was intended to fix. I also suspect that some of the complaining customers did not shoot the new pistol enough for any kind of break-in and only tried one type of cheap ammo. I've seen multiple accounts of the magazines not feeding steel cased ammo properly.

When the Ruger Mk2 pistol came out I bought my Dad the last Ruger MK1 6" on Vances shelf for Christmas . After Dad died mom gave me the pistol and it didn't look like Dad had shot it at all. First box of ammo every mag jammed at least once. By the end of the second box I had no more miss feeds and have had none since. I think he had trouble with the first mag or two and decided to stick with his revolver. The KAHR CW40 I bought new. Halfway through the first mag it started dropping magazines after every shot. Called the factory and they said it was probably a defective mag release. I could either send the pistol back for free repair or they would send the part for free. I opted for the latter and have had no more problems with the pistol. I seldom buy new firearms, the S&W M&P 45 mentioned was a police trade in the P3AT was also bought used. So any bugs when new had already been worked out of both. Thursday or Friday I'll go to the range and run as many magazines through the pistol as I can stand to load. I'll post my results in the range report section.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

I didn't buy it, but I got a new range bag and a $100 gift card from Vance's for Christmas ... :D :D
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

CZ75 SP-01
also picked up a Holster for it and, 4 additional magazines

while this next item is not mine, nor is it finished (heading off for finishing soon.) this is my neighbors latest custom build.
one of a pair: 2011 Infinity on a Phoenix Trinity frame. all the slide cuts, tritop, serrations, etc, were done by him.
not bad for garage gunsmithing :)

Too nice not to share.

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

Speed strips for my 340PD & Model 66 and magazines for my M&P 2.0.

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
Adamsx3

Post by Adamsx3 »

Picked up a Sig P938 two tone. Hoping to get to the range on Sunday. :D
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Beretta 92G (wish I never got rid of my first one)

Anyway, this one pops rifle primers with high regularity, while my P226 does not (sigs 'hit the brakes' on the hammer right before they hit the firing pin).
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

BOB
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

The ugliest, crappiest, most abused Smith & Wesson Model 37 Airweight with factory 3" barrel I've ever seen.
Looks like it was buried in a potato field all winter then dumped under the porch of a crack house.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
Delta-3

Post by Delta-3 »

I just picked up this Colt Competition series 1911 in .38 Super.

Rom 13:4 For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil,
be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister,
an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.
Oldfire

Post by Oldfire »

Ruger SR22 with 4 1/2" Barrell.
I can just about guarantee that my youngest daughter will shoot this as fast as I can load the magazines.
Dad/daughter days at the range are priceless.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

9mm range ammo..