What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hrs?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: What have you bought (firearm related) in the last 48 hr

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Options are always good, where it comes to pocket holsters.

Depending on the cut of the trousers and the way the pocket is constructed, you'll find that sometimes, a certain pocket-holster hides more or less well.

I've actually been surprised sometimes that one or the other of my holsters manage to make my pocket-carry much more obvious than the other, despite what I thought it should have done. :)
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

The biggest thing I've noticed is the shape of the pocket vs. holster - rounded bottom pockets vs. square bottom holsters = obvious 'something', and with a semi they print into the stereotypical 'gun', with a revolver the barrel and cylinder buldge out quite a bit.
http://shootingfordollars.org Where Firearms and Finances meet.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
WeinerDog

Post by WeinerDog »

Just picked up a Stevens single shot 20 gauge for $ 93 at local pawn shop. Has the stock refinished and the barrel looks new. Closet gun. Ready for turkey shoots and squirrel hunting with the neighbor.
Gramps
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Gramps »

I bought a cheap gun safe yesterday for ammo storage after I get it lagged to the framing of the house...... :)
Not fire resistant or real heavily made but is a fair barrier to a thief who is in a rush to get stuff and get out.
Gramps

Follower of Christ. Love and protect my wife, kids and grand kids..

* TRUMP 2020 *
> No Masks On This Face | All Lives Matter | It's Okay To Be White <
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

3 Mecgar 18 round mags for Beretta 92's - reloads will be cake this coming IDPA season
Beretta 92 vertec grips - supposedly reduce the thickness of the standard 92 and take less than 5 minutes to fit. Cheap experiment.

You can't truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.
-Important distinction
ruger

Post by ruger »

Dunham's Thanksgiving Day special - 40 boxes of 9mm Remington 115 gr and 124 gr for $9.99 a box, with a mail-in rebate of $5.00 per box. Net cost $4.99 a box (plus tax).

My son also bought 40 boxes. You should have see the looks on peoples' faces as we wheeled around a shopping cart with 4,000 rounds of ammo. :mrgreen:
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Glock model 34 Gen4. Had a 17L many years ago, it performed well in certain matches at the time. Those competitions ended, it was no longer needed so traded off the thing, but regrets were attached. Think this G34 will see much range use, might make a good open carry piece too.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
jeep45238

Post by jeep45238 »

Low round count west German p226 that's been updated with defoor sights, g10 grips, and a shirt reset trigger. Came with with several spare parts kits, extractors, take down levers, a JM Custom AIWB holster, and 8 mags. And I got to talk him down.

Giggity.

-Important distinction
Luv2Camp

Post by Luv2Camp »

Vector Uzi carbine in 9mm. Should be ready for me next week. Going to SBR it. Been wanting one since the late 80's!

And also bought an urban carry G2 holster that will be in my mailbox tomorrow.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Brian D. wrote:Glock model 34 Gen4. Had a 17L many years ago, it performed well in certain matches at the time. Those competitions ended, it was no longer needed so traded off the thing, but regrets were attached. Think this G34 will see much range use, might make a good open carry piece too.
A quick, funny note on this gun: It's my first adjustable-sighted Glock in many years. Along with the other accessories, a small screwdriver to make the windage and elevation adjustments is provided. The head of it is hex shaped, about 3/16" in diameter, so thee are small multibit drivers it would work with. Anyhow, across the top of the bit is stamped the tiniest-ever Glock logo. I had to :lol: a little. Would have never noticed that indoors or on a cloudy day outside.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

This doesn't count as a purchase but as a trade.

Since buying a Sig P320 Compact last year my XDs45 with TruGlo TFO night sights was no longer being carried. While reading a The County Classifieds at the laundromat,I saw an ad for a Ruger 10/22 International model (Mannlicher style stock) EC $350 or trade for pistol. Phone # was local to me. Texting ensued. Arranged a meeting for the next day & made an even trade of it.

I'm happy,he's happy & all was right with the world for an instant.

Also "rescued" the Winchester Model 97 that my Dad (and his Dad before) both carried. It deserved better than to be sitting in a closet being neglected since Dad passed away 10 years ago.
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
Tru-Heathen

Post by Tru-Heathen »

Oh yeah, I also purchased two X-Grip adapters to use my P320 Compact magazines in my 320 subcompact grip module(s).
A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

- Verse 38 from the Havamal, the Wisdom of Odin.
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

S&W 6906

BOB
kSetuni

Post by kSetuni »

Well most of this is since September. I forgot to add one Ruger American predator in 308. I'm not sure I could have fit it in lol.

Today I brought home a standard manufacturing DP12 shotgun. Tomorrow is range time to zero in many of the rifles, and have some fun.

glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

WTH Ksteuni...did you win the Lottery or something? :shock:
Give em' Hell Pike!!!