Citadel compact 1911 Range report.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

herp_man2003

Citadel compact 1911 Range report.

Post by herp_man2003 »

Got this to the range on Friday. I went to put my first mag through it and I would not chamber the round when I released the slide. So I bumped the slide forward to help chamber the round an nothing. Removed the mag and tried to chamber a single round and the slide would not go into full battery tried to bump it and nothing. At this point I'm getting a little peeved.

I tried to chamber a single round by placing it in the chamber and close the slide. That finally worked. Inserted the mag and fired the first round. The second would not chamber. Getting even more peeved at this point. I thought it was the mag so I tried to reduce the rounds in it to 6 still would not chamber. 5 still would not chamber. Finally at four rounds it would chamber the round.

So I started loading 4 rounds into my mag and everything when well. I was able to place four rounds into one ragged hole at seven yards with it. All rounds ejected just fine and when I ran with just 4 rounds in the mag it chambered them just fine. I ran about five mags like this and then tried to make it 5 rounds in the mag. It worked but if I placed 7 in the mag it would not chamber the round.

After five or six mags with 5 rounds I tried to bump it up to six rounds in the mag. This worked fine. Ran a few mags with 6 rounds and then tried to bump it up to a full 7. I would not chamber that first round, but If I placed 6 in the mag chambered one and then loaded it up to 7 it would run just fine.

When I was able to get the round to chamber the pistol would shoot great. I functioned well and it didn't chew up the brass. When I got it home I cleaned it and got to looking at the feed ramp is felt smooth to the finger but it looked rough. So I got out the dremil with a buffing pad and a little polishing compound and buffed it up so that its now nice and shinny. After I did this I tried to load a full 7 round mag into it and it loaded just fine for me. I plan on taking it back to the range tomorrow and see that it functions right. I'm hoping that all it needed was a little polishing to the feed ramp.

I guess I now know why It was sold as used up in such great shape. If it runs good tomorrow I wont complain though. I get an almost new pistol at a used price and all I need to do is a little polishing on it not to bad of a deal if all go's well tomorrow. As for buds service where I got this their shipping was supper fast and payment was easy( I sigend up for their credit card and used the option that still gave me the cash discount). I will post back tomorrow with how it went at the range. Thanks Anthony
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

!

Post by Javelin Man »

Pictures would be nice!

Did you try a different magazine or clean the one you were using? I had a Keltec magazine that kept jamming at #4. I finally made the connection and took the magazine apart for a good cleaning. Ran fine after that.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
herp_man2003

Re: Citadel compact 1911 Range report.

Post by herp_man2003 »

It did this with two different mags. I will try and clean them though. Can't hurt to give them a scrubbing. Thanks Anthony
herp_man2003

Post by herp_man2003 »

Took it back to the range yesterday and she ran 100%. I found out that it was more of a mag issue though. I think that there was a burr on the feed lips of both mags. I plan on replaceing them and making them just range mags. Anyone know of a good place to get 1911 mags. Thanks Anthony
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Magazines are the most common culprit in these issues, herp man. Try McCormick/Shooting Star or Wilson magazines, Anthony. But buy them one at a time for now and see what the gun will run with.

Glad your use of the Dremel worked out okay. Some folks have proven that they should not own a such a gizmo, at least for gunsmithing chores.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.