P22

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Re: I just picked up a P22 yesterday...

Post by Petrovich »

Rob-Black99RT wrote:Just picked up a P22 yesterday and have only ran 2 mags through it for function checks.... First mag of Thunderbolts ran without a hitch, but the next mag of CCI MiniMags ended up with two rounds diving into the feedramp, requiring a tap/rack to get it going again.

Also, neither one of the mags locked the slide back on the last round. It will lock back the slide when I manually pull the slide back on an empty mag, but it didn't do it while firing. After I got home I racked the slide a hundred or two times to smooth things out and it eliminated a bit of the "gritty-ness" in the slide operation, but I still don't know how this will affect the slide locking when shooting it. Anybody else had that happen on a new P22?

Thanks.
See if yer mags have an 'A' designation on them. Honest to pete...I have fired over 500 rounds in mine over three days and not one single misfeed.
Rob-Black99RT

Post by Rob-Black99RT »

Petrofergov wrote: See if yer mags have an 'A' designation on them. Honest to pete...I have fired over 500 rounds in mine over three days and not one single misfeed.
I added some text to my post... turns out my hand position while shooting was causing the problem.
- Rob
G30
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Rob-Black99RT wrote: working the slide in between reading/working on stuff, still trying to figure out why the slide didn't lock back, going through my hand position while shooting, etc, and realized my thumb was barely touching the slide lock lever... So, insert mag, kept thumb in same position, and what do ya know.... the slide won't lock back. Moved thumb down, slide locks... I hold my G30 the same way and never have a problem, but I guess the springs in the mags of the P22 aren't nearly as strong as the mag springs of the G30... Hopefully that's my only "duh" moment for the day....
Easy to do. I'm guessing but I'll say you have large hands?
Rob-Black99RT

Post by Rob-Black99RT »

Petrofergov wrote: Easy to do. I'm guessing but I'll say you have large hands?
yeah, kind-of.... compared to this little thing, anyway. I can grip the pistol and get the full first joint of my finger in front of the trigger guard. (tip of my finger is even with the cross-ways slot under the rail)

I even have trouble even with the G19/17/26 line of Glocks because the grip is so skinny... the G30/21's fit my hand just fine, though...seems like the fatter the grip, the better for me...

Good thing this gun is for my wife to practice with.... she's got little hands.
- Rob
G30