What holster do you use for CCW?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

collin

Post by collin »

Comp-Tac C-Tac for my XDs, another C-Tac for my 1911s, and a Comp-Tac "Shirt Tucker" for my Kahr PM9
Mad Duck

Post by Mad Duck »

Wild Bills Paddle holster & belt, BHP to lg for IWB
Ring

Post by Ring »

in the car, a shoulder holster.. carrying, sometimes a fobus paddle, or my back pocket or mexican with this

http://www.clipdraw.com
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Ring wrote:in the car, a shoulder holster.. carrying, sometimes a fobus paddle, or my back pocket or mexican with this

http://www.clipdraw.com
I tried a clip draw and I was constantly worrying about it because the trigger guard area isn't enclosed. Prolly a remote chance but it made me nervous anyway.
Ring

Post by Ring »

becasue of ohios stupid open car carry law where you have to constantly pull the gun in and out anyway, i dont cary 1 in the chamber on my glock, i dont trust it..

i do on my hk usp and p7, those i fully trust
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Ring wrote:becasue of ohios stupid open car carry law where you have to constantly pull the gun in and out anyway, i dont cary 1 in the chamber on my glock, i dont trust it..

Careful......any criticism of glock on this forum will earn you the disapproval of certain individuals.

I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't trust a glock.

At the risk of rebuke, I will offer an opinion.

Glocks were designed as duty weapons primarily. They are perfect for holstered carry by law enforcement because they are kept holstered except for practice and maintenance.

Concealed carry is different in that the firearm is handled much more, even without the car provisions the gun would still be handled much more frequently than a duty weapon.

It makes sense, therefore, that a firearm for CC should have more safety FEATURES.

Well, I guess I'll hunker down now and wait for the fur to start flying.
Last edited by Petrovich on Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ring

Post by Ring »

i still have the stock 5# trigger, but did a trigger job to it, so its 100% smoother..

i only dont trust it, because it would be to easy to snag it pulling it in and out all the time, that dont bother me on my other guns
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Ring wrote:i still have the stock 5# trigger, but did a trigger job to it, so its 100% smoother..

i only dont trust it, because it would be to easy to snag it pulling it in and out all the time, that dont bother me on my other guns
It took me almost a year to get comfortable with striker fired pistols. The idea of carrying 'cocked and locked' is not the way I was taught to handle a firearm. If you think about it, though, it's no different than carrying a double action revolver, except that the trigger pull may be stiffer.

I did a lot of reading on striker fired pistols. Virtually all have a variation of a firing pin block. Some also have a mechanism that only fully compresses the firing pin spring as the trigger is pulled.
APBT

Post by APBT »

For IWB carry the Milt Sparks VM-2 is hard to beat. (except when it comes to price) My comfort was worth the cost though.
Ring

Post by Ring »

i know how they work, im a factory glock armorer... and if i didnt have to keep pulling it in and out all the time, i would carry it like that.
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

I love my Alessi ankle holster. Very comfortable and easy to adjust to plain view in the car. (at least according to my wife: "Can you see my gun, honey?" "Yes, dear, plainly." ) Now if that doesn't meet the letter of the law...
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

weakhand luke wrote:I love my Alessi ankle holster. Very comfortable and easy to adjust to plain view in the car.
I have one of these also & love it... haven't the cajones to use it for "plain sight" yet.

Let us know if you ever the get the opinion of law enforcement - sure would like to use it for OSP car carry. :)
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Waddaya 'spose the chances are of getting a DVT (deep vein thrombosis) from wearing an ankle holster???

Do you take yer daily baby aspirin???
Michael Courtney

Post by Michael Courtney »

Ring wrote:becasue of ohios stupid open car carry law where you have to constantly pull the gun in and out anyway, i dont cary 1 in the chamber on my glock, i dont trust it..

I carry two Sig P229's in two Galco concealable OWB holsters. The cover garment gets tucked behind the grips in a vehicle to meet plain sight requirements. If at all possible the vehicle requirements should be met by adjusting the cover garment, not by handling the firearm. At a training seminar this weekend, I saw plenty of IWB holsters that would easily allow the cover garment to be adjusted rather than the pistol to be unholstered.

Michael Courtney
Every day is 9/11 for unborn Americans.
valian

Post by valian »

99% of the time I carry in some sort of paddle holster because it is the easiest way to comply with the vehicle open carry part of the law. I have paddles from Desantis, Fobus, G-Code, Gould and Goodrich and Safariland. All work well.

If ever the vehicle part of the law is changed to allow concealed in vehicles I will no doubt retire the paddles because they would not be my first choice if not for the law as it is at present.

Pancake holsters suit me better for both comfort and concealability.

valian