Chiappa Rhino Review

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Chiappa Rhino Review

Post by NavyChief »

For some reason I'd never added this thread to the "Range Report" index. Huh. That oversight has been corrected.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
jsferrazza

Post by jsferrazza »

+Morne

Can you take a picture comparing the size of your Chiappa Rhino, and your Taurus 617? I'm interested in buying one of these two gune, but can't find a size comparison anywhere online and you just happen to have both.

Thanks!
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Morne wrote: Here it is with my other snubbies (clockwise from top-right: S&W 325, Taurus 617, Chiappa Rhino, S&W 642, Taurus 905):
When I have some more time I'll get photos of just the Rhino and 617 side-by-side.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Morne wrote:
Morne wrote: Here it is with my other snubbies (clockwise from top-right: S&W 325, Taurus 617, Chiappa Rhino, S&W 642, Taurus 905):
When I have some more time I'll get photos of just the Rhino and 617 side-by-side.

lol..I think her being with all of those other nice, sleek revolvers makes her look even uglier :lol:

Now that you had this a while..How does it shoot now?..had any real problems with it?
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
Morne
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Morne »

Bama.45 wrote:Now that you had this a while..How does it shoot now?..had any real problems with it?
The first generation with the smaller extractor star had occasional issues jumping over a rim and fouling things up. I have since gotten the next generation with a larger extractor star (and a 4" barrel) that is dang near perfect. Since this is a .357 Magnum I favor the longer barrel length anyway.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Footsoldier in the Conservative Insurrection of the GOP.

Remember, only you can prevent big government!