Kahr PM9 - Review (Pic Heavy)

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Just One Shot

Kahr PM9 - Review (Pic Heavy)

Post by Just One Shot »

Here's the newest addition.

To get an idea of the size I took some photos of the PM9 along side my LCP as well as my M&P .40 Compact and my Para CCW.

As you can see, the PM9 is real small for a 9mm. I purchased a pocket holster for it and it looks like I'm carrying a wallet when I put it in the front pocket of my jeans. It will probably conceal even better in a pair of dress or cargo pants.

Now for the range report. Kahr recomends a 200 rd. minimum to break in the PM9 before CCing it so I took Fri. afternoon off work and went to the range. I took 100 rds. of cheap Wolf 9mm and 100 rds. of some Winchester white box range ammo to get the job done right away.

During the break in I had 1 fail to feed and that was on the Wolfe brand. I took the final 13 rds. of the Winchester and 2 fresh targets to see how accurate the little gun might be. One was at 5 yards and the other at 7 yards. I was standing shooting 2 handed with no support.

5 yards:

7 yards:

You notice the round in the 9 ring in the 5 yard target and the lower left corner of the 7 yard target. That's the shooters fault not the gun. I yanked on the trigger on the first round of each mag. Once I get use to the dual action trigger I hope to prevent this from happening again.

Over all I really like how compact the PM9 is. Accuracy was better than I expected on the first trip out with a new gun. The craftmanship is superb which one one expect on a gun of this price ($650.00 out the door for me).

Bottom line is, if you are looking for something small enough to pocket carry and prefer something with a little more power than the .380s that are out there, you might want to take a closer look at the Kahr PM9.
"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Kahr PM9 - Review (Pic Heavy)

Post by carmen fovozzo »

..I second that.

I supose you have red silk jamies to ? :)
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Rubb
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Rubb »

The PM9 is a nice one, good review :)
If a sign could stop evil...They’d make holsters for them!!
Just One Shot

Post by Just One Shot »

carmen fovozzo wrote:..I second that.

I supose you have red silk jamies to ? :)
:lol:
The color wasn't my choice. My favorite color is blue and the wifes is red. You see who won that discussion.
"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)
sxshep

Post by sxshep »

I love mine, use the same pocket holster too lol

I've got some Crimson Trace grips and two new holster FS if you're interested, BTW
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Thomas Edison
Atilla

Post by Atilla »

I like both my PM and MK, but had some issues with the PM (broken trigger bar, which is not unheard of). The short recoil needs strong springs, many replace them every 1k rounds or so. A good resource for all things Kahr is http://kahrtalk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C'mon! We're all going to die, die standing up!
Just One Shot

Post by Just One Shot »

Thanks Atilla, I registered on the site yesterday!
CCIman

Post by CCIman »

Which bordello were those pictures taken?

Just kidding......

BTW it has a revolver double action feel trigger pull with a striker type mechanism.

Very smooth, but long pull trigger, with few options to change.
'CAN' does not equal "SHOULD'.