Glock sight staking tool

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AmericanGunner

Glock sight staking tool

Post by AmericanGunner »

Does any one in SW Ohio have one of these tools? I have called every gun shop and smith I can think of and no one has it :(
Glock and dagger

Post by Glock and dagger »

All I can tell you is look for a Glock armorer. I have one here in town (Findlay), but I am quite a ways away from you.
I'm Glock and Dagger and I approved this message.

"If it deprives just one citizen of their God-given rights, it's not worth it."
-evan price

FOOTOS... the Fresh Fighter
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Glock and dagger's sig line wrote:Kimbers and Colts are what you show your friends.

Glocks are what you show your enemy.
Clever and catchy.
It reminds me of a time when my older brother was admiring a Triumph motorcycle.
He said, "It's loud. It's fast. It's flashy. If it were a Honda, I'd have one..." 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Are you needing a sight pusher for the rear sight or are you installing a front sight. The factory Glock front sight is held on simply buy a pin from the underside spreading the 'wings' on the sight post. After market sights usually have a small screw that holds the sight on. Usually you can not re-install a used Glock front sight. If it has came off, consider buying something aftermarket to replace it.

Also Target World in Sharonville has both the rear sight pusher and the front sight wrench for aftermarket front sights. I am working tonight if you want to stop by I will see what we can do.

Joe
Ring

Post by Ring »

if u r replacing the front site with a non factory site, you can use a automatic center punch to flare it and stake it... thats what i found as best
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

JEaton wrote:Are you needing a sight pusher for the rear sight or are you installing a front sight. The factory Glock front sight is held on simply buy a pin from the underside spreading the 'wings' on the sight post. After market sights usually have a small screw that holds the sight on. Usually you can not re-install a used Glock front sight. If it has came off, consider buying something aftermarket to replace it.

Also Target World in Sharonville has both the rear sight pusher and the front sight wrench for aftermarket front sights. I am working tonight if you want to stop by I will see what we can do.

Joe
Actually I called Target World yesterday and asked if they had the front tool they said yes, I traveled 20 minutes just to discover they did not have the tool, at $3.09 a gallon I wasn't very pleased.

If by some chance you run across it I would appreciate it.
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Ring wrote:if u r replacing the front site with a non factory site, you can use a automatic center punch to flare it and stake it... thats what i found as best

I am replacing a factory site with a factory site :) I am replacing the plastic site with the stock Glock night site.
Glock and dagger

Good move, dude.

-evan price

AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Glock and dagger wrote:Good move, dude.
?
Glock and dagger

I am replacing a factory site with a factory site I am replacing the plastic site with the stock Glock night site
Let me reiterate. "I am replacing the plastic site with the stock Glock NIGHT SITE".

I hope you're talking about a tritium-embedded one.[/i]

-evan price

meeksja

Post by meeksja »

Try Shooters Supply Shop in Loveland. 513-683-2911
They have Glock Armorers on staff and I believe they have a front sight staking tool.
MDM

Post by MDM »

I seem to be a little confused here. When I did my internet research before I bought nite sight for my 26, everything I found said that the factory nite sight from Glock were made by Meprolight. I purchased a set. Pulled the front sight off, stuck the new site in the hole,applied some loctite and installed the screw. Used a BRASS punch, knocked out the old rear sight (Left 2 Right as looking from the back of the gun) and installed the new rear sight (Right 2 Left) and all in approx. 15 to 20 min. They`ve been in for over a year with several hundred rounds with no problems what so ever. So what`s all this about a tool for this and a tool for that ? I remember seeing a tool to press your rear sight on and off with and it cost about $80 but I don`t remember ever seeing anything about STAKING your front sight.

Save yourself some money. This is definitely a job you can handle on your own.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
meeksja

Post by meeksja »

There are front sights that require the front staking tool. Yes, you can install sights on your pistol with whatever tools you choose. However, Glock armorers use the front sight staking tool to attach front sights that need to be staked. Other sights do not need the staking tool as they use a screw to hold them in.
MDM

Post by MDM »

That was the whole point of my post. He said he wanted to replace his FACTORY sight with the FACTORY nite sight. Factory nite sights are supplied by Meprolight, which require a screw.

But ,If you really want one of the staking tools www.lonewolfdist.com $34

EDIT: I did some more looking on that website and found a nite sight from Golck that requires the staking tool. Everything I`ve read on the net stated that Glock front nite sights were supplied by Meprolight, but that was over a year ago. Maybe things have changed.

Guess I need to read my signature.
"A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it."
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

MDM wrote:That was the whole point of my post. He said he wanted to replace his FACTORY sight with the FACTORY nite sight. Factory nite sights are supplied by Meprolight, which require a screw.

But ,If you really want one of the staking tools www.lonewolfdist.com $34

EDIT: I did some more looking on that website and found a nite sight from Golck that requires the staking tool. Everything I`ve read on the net stated that Glock front nite sights were supplied by Meprolight, but that was over a year ago. Maybe things have changed.

Guess I need to read my signature.
Actually they are Hybrid Meps, the Glock rep I spoke to stated Mepro manufacturers the vile's and Glock manufactures the sight and assembles it.