Different twist on concealed holster

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Different twist on concealed holster

Post by Bruenor »

This website landed in the email box for our gun club. It's an interesting concept, but I dunno.
Just thought I would share the link and hear what other think of this concept

http://www.stealthdefenseholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
rottman43055

Re: Different twist on concealed holster

Post by rottman43055 »

Probably ok for slim guys, but I would be out.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
Helen Keller

The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Looks like a "less than comfortable" belly band.
Keeping it up high enough would seem to me to be a problem.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
jdmsds

Post by jdmsds »

Is that video for real? :lol:

It looks very uncomfortable and looks like it'd produce some strange lumps :shock:
BigV

Post by BigV »

I use a paddle holster and have for 7 years. I wear a tee shirt to keep the paddle of my holster off of my bare skin. In the video all the users are wearing the rig against their bare skin. I think this would be a problem. At least for me it would be.
BigV
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

OK, it does look like it'd be kinda useful in the car - maybe. Other than that it looks largely to me like yet another solution in search of a problem. Nonetheless, I hope they sell oodles of them; in today's economy I wish any small start-up the best of luck.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Cruiser
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Cruiser »

It needs a wider chest belt and some sort of shoulder strap for support. I cannot see it staying in place without those.
Did you notice how it jumps around during the draw?
Abandon ye all HOPE!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

If I wore that the gun would always be pointing at someone.... :wink:
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

NavyChief wrote: Nonetheless, I hope they sell oodles of them; in today's economy I wish any small start-up the best of luck.
They are based here in Ohio after all..

I cannot see it staying in place
And as for the holster jumping around.. I dunno.. it has the hook under the holster that ties it to the belt. That seems to be the basis for stability with this particular design. The sliding your hand in from the side to get to the grip seems more awkward to me.

Personally I am pretty happy with the standard Belt holsters or the Crossbreed IWB. I just posted this because it was something different. Although if I had to lift my shirt that high in order to draw it might cause the bad guy to go blind..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
NavyChief
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by NavyChief »

Bruenor wrote:They are based here in Ohio after all..
I didn't even notice that. Englewood. He's practically a neighbor. Hopefully he'll think of a few more products though, 'cause the ones he's got right now just don't really trip my trigger.
Total repeal of ALL firearms/weapons laws at the local, state and federal levels. Period. Wipe the slate clean.
Rapidfire

Post by Rapidfire »

From the comments here he may not sell many but I for one think it would be a great holster to use when driving. The gun would be right where I need it and it wouldn't be a problem when I have to visit the sit down facility at the stop and rob gas stations along the route.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
jmorman

Post by jmorman »

Well it's good to have different options available. My wife is still looking for something that will suit her and this might be the ticket. For a small pocket gun this might be nice, I wonder if there is enough tension to hold something close like a Glock or XD.
Common sense is not common.
JonasM

Post by JonasM »

Agreed - I'm about to leave for a cross-country trip in a fairly confining sports car, and have been looking at my carry options. The SmartCarry is overall great (with the security pouch in the back for valuables) but on a recent trip to Columbus, it got pretty uncomfortable after 2 hours. A standard IWB holster worn in the front was somewhat better, but I doubt I'd be able to drive 12 hours with it. The Stoner Shoulder Holster is my current best option, but it will be uncomfortable if it gets hot out in the desert areas. This option might fix all of these problems.
tomfolery

Post by tomfolery »

Eeeek...that looks uncomfortable as heck! I like the Crossbreed IWB personally.
"One is none, two is one, and three is just a good time"
3 Guy Supply, 01 FFL, NRA Certified firearms instructors. Ask me about CCW classes.
Firearm refinishing services available.
Tyler_Ladd

Post by Tyler_Ladd »

From the list of firearms associated it looks as though you can only carry guns built for baby hands as well.
“In the beginning of change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain