El Paso Saddlery #88 Street Combat Holster

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Cincinnatijim

El Paso Saddlery #88 Street Combat Holster

Post by Cincinnatijim »

Has anyone here tried the El Paso Saddlery #88 Street Combat holster? I thought I might get one for my Sig 229. It's a pancake type holster. I'm debating about getting an IWB holster as well, but am not sure a Sig would be comfortable to carry that way. Thanks for any suggestions.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

El Paso Saddlery makes top of the line holsters and accessories. Pretty much whatever you buy from them should be satisfactory.
The real question is where are you going to get a belt big enough to tuck a SIG 229 inside it? 8)
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
Cincinnatijim

Post by Cincinnatijim »

The #88 Holster could arrive as early as September 19. I was thinking of using my Fist 1 1/2" gun belt. Do you think that might be inadequate for an IWB holster for a Sig 229?
AmericanGunner

Post by AmericanGunner »

Cincinnatijim wrote:The #88 Holster could arrive as early as September 19. I was thinking of using my Fist 1 1/2" gun belt. Do you think that might be inadequate for an IWB holster for a Sig 229?
Your Fist belt should work nicely.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

Cincinnatijim wrote:I was thinking of using my Fist 1 1/2" gun belt. Do you think that might be inadequate for an IWB holster for a Sig 229?
Your belt is the foundation of the whole carry rig. A Fist 1 1/2" should be fine. They make some fine belts and holsters.
You would be surprised how many guys get a $700 gun and a $100 holster, then try to carry on a one inch, fake leather, J.C. Penneys $9.99 belt... 8).
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
KRobb

Street Combat Holster

Post by KRobb »

8)
The Street Combat is a very comfortable holster. I have one for my Charter Arms Bulldog and it has become my primary holster. You should have no problems

KRobb
Petrovich
*** Banned ***

Post by Petrovich »

Nice thing about those holsters that I encourage everyone to at least try.

Thread yer belt so that the holster is between your pants and the belt. In other other words the belt is to the far lateral of the holster, and the hem of your pants is to the medial side of the holster.