New holster in 72 hours!

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

New holster in 72 hours!

Post by TunnelRat »

I finally caved and sprang for a fancy leather holster for my BUG, handcrafted by GURU http://www.pocketholsters.com 8) . I've been carrying my .380acp Kel-Tec 3AT in an El Cheapo cloth holster, but on Friday morning I broke down and ordered a fancy leather job. The guy runs a one-man shop, so I fully expected to wait six weeks or more (like I do when I order holsters from Mitch Rosen or Milt Sparks for my real guns) :? .

Anyhow, the holster arrived in the mail this morning. He musta had one already made and ready to go. Yippee! :lol:

These pics are just about actual size. I got the brown one:
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
gd9704

Post by gd9704 »

Nice! I ditched my cheapie cloth job and put my P3-AT into a Hedley pocket holster. There's just something nice about a molded leather holster caressing your piece!
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

gd9704 wrote:Nice! I ditched my cheapie cloth job and put my P3-AT into a Hedley pocket holster. There's just something nice about a molded leather holster caressing your piece!
Yup, I almost bought a Hedley...
TunnelRat

"Applying the standard that is well established in our case law, we hold that the Second Amendment right is fully applicable to the States." ~ McDonald v. Chicago

When your only tools are a hammer and sickle, every problem starts to look like too much freedom.
oldmic
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by oldmic »

I've got the same one for my 3032 Tomcat BUG. I almost never use the larger backing piece; without it, it fits well in my rear trouser pocket - levis, khakis or dress.

Good choice, I think you'll like it.
TunnelRat
Deceased
Deceased

Post by TunnelRat »

oldmic wrote:I almost never use the larger backing piece; without it, it fits well in my rear trouser pocket - levis, khakis or dress.
I use the backing piece all the time -- makes it look like a wallet...

Over on the KTOG (Kel-Tec Owners Group) website, a majority (80%!) report carrying their 3AT in their front pocket. I tried that just for one evening out. I thought it bulged, printed, was hard to reach, and way too uncomfortable. Not to mention that I had to transfer my handkerchief, comb, pen, and pocket watch to a rear pocket. I'm sticking with rear pocket carry.
TunnelRat