Extensive holster company list - complete with links

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

OhioPaints

Re: Extensive holster company list - complete with links

Post by OhioPaints »

vietvet6566 wrote:Can someone give me an idea of a good concealed carry holster for a springfield xd 9mm. tired of using the plastic one that came with it.

Thanks
It all depends on you individually, what fits you well, and how you want to carry (IWB or OWB). It also depends on how much protection you want for the firearm and if you want a retention strap.

In general, nobody ever complains about a Milt Sparks VM II for IWB carry. **IF** Lightningarms or Topgun has the model you need in stock. Otherwise, it's a long wait.

Ken
The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Because they are a local (SW Ohio) outfit, are very friendly, and have a shop as well as being accessible at the gun shows, we could add http://stonerholsters.com to the list.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
D-Day
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by D-Day »

Thanks, Brian. Added to the list. Their thigh and shoulder carry holsters look interesting.
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
Rand Paul 2016
D-Day
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by D-Day »

Been without power Sunday morning until now...on the plus side, my Mernickle shoulder holster arrived today. I'll have to take some pics after I adjust it and such...and make sure the pipes are busted...
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.
Rand Paul 2016
1911nut

Post by 1911nut »

If I'm not mistaken This

is a class 3.

A.

Sorry about the enormity of the pic I don't know how to resize.
But what do I know, I'm just a high school educated security officer.
willbird
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by willbird »

1911nut wrote:If I'm not mistaken This

is a class 3.

A.

Sorry about the enormity of the pic I don't know how to resize.
The way I understand the legal deal about that is that to be an AOW it must hide or cover the grip that is at an angle to the bore, whether or not that does is up to the powers that be (ATF).

On the holster for the XD-9. I just bought a crossbreed supertuck and I really like it. It is an IWB holster, they do make some owb holsters as well.

Bill
Have a great day today unless you have made other plans :-).
Bersa45

Post by Bersa45 »

The mods should post this as a sticky...
OFCC member

3 seconds

Restraint when needed and action when required.

"Retreat? Hell, we're attacking in a different direction!" Major General O.P. Smith, November 1950.

Before a government can become a full-blown tyranny, the government must first disarm its citizens. The Founders of this nation, from their own experience, knew that when government goes bad, liberty evaporates and people die ... unless the people are armed. JPFO
impcmonk

Post by impcmonk »

I ran into this guy at the gun show in Columbus over the weekend. He is based out of Dublin and makes wicked kydex holsters.

http://www.peterscustomholsters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thunder-chicken

Post by thunder-chicken »

I just oredered a Serpa concealment holster from Blackhawk. It has a locking mechanism in case of a scuffle you don't get your pistol taken from you. However, you do lose time on your draw i would imagine seeing that you have to press the button to release your gun. I guess with practice you would get better and it would become second nature. I'm still a rookie ccw, i would hate to have my gun taken from me in a fight and killed with it. I do plan on taken advance classes that would better prepare me so i wouldn't have to wear that type of holster.
As for life and love, I put them in GODS hands.....for protection of life and love GOD put in my hands a Springfield XD!
Worry Free

Post by Worry Free »

Thanks for the list. I used it to purchase from R GRIZZLE LEATHER http://www.rgrizzleleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - the service was great and the quality is terrific. Ryan at RGRIZZLE was easy to deal with. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Trust But Verify"
jsebens

Post by jsebens »

Don't forget Peters Custom Holsters (http://www.peterscustomholsters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Guy lives in Central Ohio, does great Kydex work.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Just an fyi, I carry a 4" xd 45 and I have owned about every holster config and brand out there. I was always a huge fan of Galco, but recently I found DM Bullard Leather out of Tx. I purchased a dual carry and it's the greatest IWB holster I have found. As a matter of fact I like it so much I will not be looking for a replacement ever. I don't believe that you can find a better made holster, regardless of the price. It did take a month and a half to get it, but it was worth it. :D
derek141

Post by derek141 »

All of my leather (including belts) comes from Mike Taurisano of Tauris holsters http://www.taurisholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I mix it up with Comp Tac depending on attire, but I love Mike's made-to-order gear. Specifically, I use his standard highride in neutral cant with thumbbreak (I got married in one- black of course), the dual mag carrier, and his ankle holster. I have seen others, but would not wear any other ankle holster. When I can call the guy up and tell him, directly, what I want and he does it right, it's a good thing.
birddog1

Post by birddog1 »

I'd like to submit another to the list. http://www.rgrizzleleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I just got one of Ryan's city slicker holsters. It's very well made, not too expensive and fast turn around time. About 2 weeks from order to delivery.
ctl1955

Post by ctl1955 »

+1 for Mike. I have two of his holsters and one in the pocket mag carrier.