Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BigV

Re: Cleveland area

Post by BigV »

deanimator wrote:

Pro Gun and Sport in Cuyahoga Falls - Again, an excellent selection of pretty much everything, from collectible handguns, to bullseye target pistols, to combat shotguns. They're one of the few places around that stocks Dillon products. If you don't want to wait for a caliber conversion or a powder measure to come in the mail, you can drive down and get it. They also have a good stock of holsters, grips and reloading supplies. They're another place with friendly, knowledgeable sales people. In fact, I'd say they're everything that Royal Ridge isn't and should be. They've also added a range next door.
Update On Pro Gun
The Riverside Range next door to Pro Gun burned down in December of 07 and recently reopened with an all new facility. They moved Pro Gun into the newly remolded building and closed the old Pro Gun. It’s now just called The Riverside Range/ Pro Armament. The gun shop is on the main floor with the new range down stairs. They offer ½ hour rates ($10 a ½ hour I believe) and year long memberships as well. They also have a very nice training room and conduct CC classes regularly. They have a nice selection of just about anything you need. The staff is very knowledgeable regarding firearms especially 1911’s and AR’s. If you have not stopped by, you should.
2427 Front Street
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221

http://www.riversiderange.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.proarmament.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Open everyday except Tuesday.
BigV
Ferrofab

Bellbrook - Sugarcreek Pro Gun

Post by Ferrofab »

Sugarcreek Pro Gun
15 S Maint St, Bellbrook, OH 45305
(937)848-2318

I have found the owner, Vince Amann, to be helpful and knowledgeable. I have used him for advice, appraisal, and repair.

{Out of business. Location is now Bellbrook Guns & Supplies under completely new ownership. Nice folks, BTW. - NC}
Last edited by Ferrofab on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ferrofab

Springfield - Clark County

Post by Ferrofab »

The Lauhorner Indoor Arms & Archery Adventure is conveniently located on State Route 72, just north of I-70 in Springfield, OH.

Site of old Ponderosa restaurant. Enjoyed the range very much. Some target holders could use a little attention
Ferrofab

Vandalia - near Dayton Airport

Post by Ferrofab »

Vandalia Range & Armory 100 Corporate Center Dr Vandalia, OH 45377 (937)387-0485 located immediately behind Joseph Airport Toyota

Very nice and modern indoor range. Excellent noise suppresion. Advanced target manipulation. They were supposed to have opened an indoor rifle range at the beginning of the year. It was under construction when I was there. Have unlimited memberships for regular shooters.
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

The Powder Room
Powell, Ohio off of Powell Road. Not much selection of guns; some common reloading components, some ammo. Range is currently closed due to backstop repairs but will reopen in May. Friendly staff, prices fair, air filtration not so great.

Black Wing Shooting Center off of St Rt 36 just West of the city of Delaware. INdoor and outdoor ranges, can shoot nearly anything inside. Well stocked, good selection of firearms, holsters, gear, etc. Often hosts manufacturers' events. Bowling pin shoots, etc. a great resource!

Norton Sporting Goods/ODNR Shooting Range
Off of SR 229 and US23 in northern Delaware County. Norton's is a small but well stocked bait, tackle, guns & ammo dealer with great staff and a nice selection of stuff. Very fair to deal with. The ODNR range is a half mile down 229 east of US23; for $24 a year you can shoot rifle, shotgun or pistol. There's also an archery range. Conditions are primitive (A porta-pottie and that's all) and if there's been heavy rain the place is under water- but for the price, you can't beat it. 100-yd rifle, open trap/skeet, and 45' pistol.

Who can forget VANCE'S Shooters Supply in Columbus on Cleveland Avenue about 3 miles south of Morse Rd. Not the best neighborhood, but boy do they ever get some good stuff, and some really great prices. Good stock of components, holsters, archery, hunting ,etc gear. I honestly can't find anyplace except internet sellers who have prices close to comparison on most new guns. Busy place! See also Buckeye Outdoors.

There's a pawn shop right across the street that also stocks guns- but honestly I can't see how they ever sell them considering Vance's has always beat them to death on price and condition. Nevertheless I still drop by now and again.

Aumiller's Gun Shop in Westerville, 1 W. Main. Actively displays SBS's, Class-III items. Good stock of reloading gear. Lots of pistols rifles and etc. Odd hours. Down in a basement. Prices OK. Have heard stories about this place but so far the guy's been decent to me.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
RedHeat

Post by RedHeat »

Evan- Do you happen to know the days/hours of operation at ODNR?

Anyone know of any rifle ranges in the richland/ashland county area?
-"card-carrying NRA Member"
-USCCA Member
Uller

B&T Lorain

Post by Uller »

For the near west side Cleveland Area I like B&T they do have a cleveland store too but no range there. I rented lots of guns before I made my decisions on what to buy. Doyle is OK by me!
"The avalanche has already begun, it is too late for the pebbles to vote". - Kosh Naranek
stryker1974

Post by stryker1974 »

Visited Big Darby Creek Shooting Range yesterday afternoon for the first time.

I was very pleased with the range. They have a 300+ yard range that is available, as well as a 50 yard range. The 50 yard range is covered, with benches available to use. Also, behind the firing line were shelves and tables for staging your gear. One section of the 50 yard range also has a falling plates/steel silhouettes setup as well.

There were other, shorter pistol ranges that I saw briefly but did not inspect - they were in use by instructors.

They have a small shop for sales and rentals, and stock some common calibers there as well. The range officer (Pete I think?) we met yesterday was knowledgeable, polite, and very helpful. The person I was shooting with got a nasty jam (using Wolf ammo), and the RO was more than helpful.

I did not see a designated place for shotgun sports - but did not ask either.

I spent 3.5 hours there - and am looking forward to going back. I would recommend this range to anyone in the Columbus area that is looking for a good outdoor range with long distance capabilities.
lowpass21

Post by lowpass21 »

Hey folks,

I've searched for a while and not finding what I need.

What/where is a decent outdoor rifle range (at least 100yds) that is the closest to Columbus? I'm relatively new to the area so when I hear of a range, and look up it's location it's usually too far away, like West Jefferson.

Where do you guys go?

Thanks
cashman966
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cashman966 »

lowpass21 wrote:Hey folks,

I've searched for a while and not finding what I need.

What/where is a decent outdoor rifle range (at least 100yds) that is the closest to Columbus? I'm relatively new to the area so when I hear of a range, and look up it's location it's usually too far away, like West Jefferson.

Where do you guys go?

Thanks
You won't find anything much closer to Columbus then Big Darby in West Jefferson. Even from the far North side it is just over 30 miles. Just 12 miles from I-270
Ignorant or Stupid, I'm not sure which is worse. If someone were stupid, at least they'd have an excuse for all the dumb things they say.

Pass the Peace Pipe I need another hit

IANAL and neither are most people on this board, its just shows more with some than others.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

To the north of Columbus there is the range at Delaware State Park, but again that's a full county away.

South of Columbus is Deer Creek, probably in the same range distance-wise.

In addition there are some private clubs to join, although that part of the state isn't very well known to me in this regard. Pickaway Co. Sportsman's is just a little north of Circleville as memory serves.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
heathen

Post by heathen »

My favorite Range. Sandusky County Sportsmen's Club - 3950 State Route 600 - Gibsonburg. OH
http://scsclub.org/

Adco Firearms - 6616 Monroe St. #4 Sylvania, OH 43560
http://www.adcofirearms.com/

Bullet Stop - 15445 East Walbridge Road
Graytown, Ohio 43432
http://www.bulletstopinc.com/directions.html

SCSC Range is Black Rifle, and Class 3 friendly. :)
Adco and Bullet Stop are great places to shop at and do business with. :!:
evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Post by evan price »

RedHeat wrote:Evan- Do you happen to know the days/hours of operation at ODNR?

Anyone know of any rifle ranges in the richland/ashland county area?
Sorry it took so long to answer.

ODNR range is open wednesday-sunday, 9-5, last shots at 4:40. Closed Monday and Tuesday.

You need a permit, which is available at Nortons for $5 for a daily or $24 for an annual.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
lowpass21

Post by lowpass21 »

Thanks for the quick input guys. When I looked up West Jefferson, I was thinking of the one in Williams county way NE Ohio. That doesn't seem too bad to go 30 min or so. I also did find after posting, the info on the parks (Delaware and Deer Creek). I don't mind going for a drive, but just didn't want to trek the entire state.

Thanks again, and thanks for having this great site. Lots of good info.
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Ashtabula County

Jefferson Golden Dawn
(Grocery and Sporting goods)
43 E Jefferson St
Jefferson, OH

Nice assortment of Handguns and Rifles, will custom order.
Does Layaway with reasonable terms.
Chris has always been very accommodating for anything I am looking for.
Gun Shop is located upstairs in the back of the grocery store.

Ashtabula Rod and Gun Club
http://www.argconline.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
6739 Ninevah Rd
Geneva, OH 44040

Action pistol
Concealed Carry Classes
Civilian Marksmanship Program

Rifle Range (outdoor)
Piston Range (outdoor)
Archery (indoor / Outdoor)
Skeet
Trap