Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Imcrazy

Re: Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

Post by Imcrazy »

Select Fire is the best indoor range in the Cleveland area IMO. If only because they have a great range safety program.

I usually shoot outdoors at Erie County Conservation League or at a friends property but, when the weather is bad or I'm short on time I pay the big fee and hit Select Fire.
-Aaron
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

Imcrazy wrote:Select Fire is the best indoor range in the Cleveland area IMO. If only because they have a great range safety program.

I usually shoot outdoors at Erie County Conservation League or at a friends property but, when the weather is bad or I'm short on time I pay the big fee and hit Select Fire.
I agree not cheap but you don't have gun's pointed at you which is nice. :D
Black Rifles Matter
concreteguy

Post by concreteguy »

concreteguy wrote:Does anyone have any first hand experience with the public range at Monroe Lake Wildlife Area? I'll be in the area in a few weeks with a few hours to kill. I've tried searching here and on Buckeye Firearms, but could not find anything of use. Thanks.

Myself and 4 others spent a few hours putting rounds down range here. It is located on road 1001. Small parking area. Range is about 50' wide and about 150 yds long(est.) We were in the area for a church retreat and had a few hours of free time. Best of all was the price.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Hey if your in the Dayton, New Carlisle, or Springfield Area. There is a new range that opened in Enon called Fox Shooting Loft. They have a really nice range but it is small, only 5 or 6 lanes. It is getting pretty busy too, I think everyone has discovered it. I had to wait 30 minutes to get in today. They allow Handguns and Rifles. The biggest rifle I have seen in there was a 308. No Tula, Wolf, or WPA Bi-Metal Jacketed Rifle Ammo. Very Nice Clean Range with a Full Time Very attentive Range officer. Cheap too. $8 for 30Minutes, $14 for an Hour. Up to 3 can share a lane and it is half price for each person sharing. Targets and Ammo are very reasonably priced for a range. Free Earplugs. Clean Restroom with Handsoap is available too! You would be surprised how many ranges run out of handsoap and I always like to wash my hand after I shoot.

The range is upstairs with no handicap access, so my mom can't go. :(
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
MyWifeSaidYes
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Build A Gun - AR parts - northwestern Columbus

Post by MyWifeSaidYes »

If you are in central Ohio and have tried looking for parts for your AR platform rifle or pistol, you know how hard it is to find someone who stocks such parts locally.

You typically pay $5 shipping for a 99¢ part from an online retailer, or spend more than you had planned just to make the shipping worth it. :?

As many of you may know, I won an Anderson lower receiver as a door prize at the OFCC picnic earlier this month. That receiver was donated by Build A Gun, I company I was not familiar with, until recently. ( http://www.facebook.com/buildagun1911 )

I stopped in and met the owner, Bryan, and spoke with him for quite a while, taking breaks so he could take care of customers. Since I'm perpetually broke, I wasn't able to purchase anything that day...and that made me VERY sad after seeing that I really could "Build A Gun" with all the parts he stocks!

What made me happy is that his store is in northwestern Columbus, right up against anti-gun cities Dublin and Powell !! :twisted: Add to that the fact that he has neighbors pi***d off that his store even exists and that is more than enough to make me want to support this business with every spare penny I can dig up.

Stop in and say hello, but don't tell him I sent you...he might just kick you out !! :wink:

:mrgreen:
MyWifeSaidYes
Curzyk

Re: Build A Gun - AR parts - northwestern Columbus

Post by Curzyk »

MyWifeSaidYes wrote:If you are in central Ohio and have tried looking for parts for your AR platform rifle or pistol, you know how hard it is to find someone who stocks such parts locally.

You typically pay $5 shipping for a 99¢ part from an online retailer, or spend more than you had planned just to make the shipping worth it. :?

As many of you may know, I won an Anderson lower receiver as a door prize at the OFCC picnic earlier this month. That receiver was donated by Build A Gun, I company I was not familiar with, until recently. ( http://www.facebook.com/buildagun1911 )

I stopped in and met the owner, Bryan, and spoke with him for quite a while, taking breaks so he could take care of customers. Since I'm perpetually broke, I wasn't able to purchase anything that day...and that made me VERY sad after seeing that I really could "Build A Gun" with all the parts he stocks!

What made me happy is that his store is in northwestern Columbus, right up against anti-gun cities Dublin and Powell !! :twisted: Add to that the fact that he has neighbors pi***d off that his store even exists and that is more than enough to make me want to support this business with every spare penny I can dig up.

Stop in and say hello, but don't tell him I sent you...he might just kick you out !! :wink:

:mrgreen:
+1 for Build A Gun. Build A Gun is a licensed FFL and has reasonable fees for transfers. Additionally, if you would like a safe place to conduct a private transaction, Bryan says come on in. You can also find him at most (if not all) gun shows in the central Ohio region.
mpickles

Post by mpickles »

I've been going to a place called K-Hill Indoor Shooting Range in Kitt's Hill since about July or August. I think I paid about $150 for a family membership, but I'm the only one in my house who ever ends up going. The only downside is that they're out in the sticks, so you lose cell service about 20 minutes before you get there. But that could be a good thing too.

That said, I'm thinking about looking into that new Bare Arms place in Ashland, just because it's slightly more convenient and I don't like being too far from cell coverage.
"A license is what you get when the government steals your rights away from you and then sells them back."
- Mark Edge
OhPhoenix

Post by OhPhoenix »

Greetings to all, I am new to OFCC and found this topic which is of interest to me. I am in Southern Ohio (Portsmouth area) and hopefully in the next few weeks we will finally get a shooting range in the area, The Gun Barn is supposed to be opening a range with 5 pistol and 5 rifle firing lanes. For me this gives me a place to shoot without having to drive an hour or more. I am willing to bet that many members of the forum are FFL dealers as I am, I do not have a brick-n-mortar store but do everything on a special order basis there by offering a discounted price of cost plus $25 or less on most firearms and ammunition at cost plus maximum of $1 per box.

Hopefully I have not broken any rules.

OhPhoenix
<e-mail deleted per TOS--mustang380gal>
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Medina news.

-----------------------------

"It is with the utmost pride and joy that we announce the purchase of Hickory Ridge Firearms and Indoor Range in Medina, OH.

In an effort to pay homage to its physical location, the range will be renamed: Range 42.

The transition is currently underway and we should be open for limited business on Friday, January 4th (range operations only)."

https://workmanfirearms.com/
Dave44142

Post by Dave44142 »

does anyone use the Parma Armory?
http://www.theparmaarmory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Dave44142 wrote:does anyone use the Parma Armory?
I've used the gunsmith who works out of there for minor work.
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

Dave44142 wrote:does anyone use the Parma Armory?
Yes, they have so many lanes, I have never waited. Good ventilation, good RSOs and sales staff. It's a well run place and there are some satellite (gunsmiths, holster makers) businesses that are of interest.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.