Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JediSkipdogg

Re: Shooting Ranges and Dealer information.

Post by JediSkipdogg »

letterofthelaw wrote:I heard there's an outdoor range somewhere in Colerain Township. I was told it's just about 30 mins. out of downtown / UC campus area. That's where the UC ROTC does their MIL-SCI marksmanship class. Anybody know who runs this - contact info- local?
Probably the Fairfield Sportsmen's Association in Harrison. $100 yearly membership fee but you must be sponsored by two current members to join.

http://www.fairfieldsportsmen.com/directions.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
letterofthelaw wrote:Also I've never had any luck finding anything out about the shooting range that's near the Loveland Bike Trail? You can hear shooting down a fairly long stretch. We're not going into Milford mind you, it's still on the Indian Hill side I think....I know it's not the skeet shooting only range. That place is MILES away on the other side of Milford.
You are probably thinking the Indian Hill Shooting Club. Very tough to join as they have a max number of members for non-residents. Last time I checked they said it could be 12-18 months before I would be able to join, not to mention it's $225 for the first year and $175 every year after. It's right on the river IIR.

http://www.ci.indian-hill.oh.us/departm ... g-club.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both are very nice ranges, just unfortunately too private in my opinion.
Carrying Concealed Handguns - Signage Answers

Ohio Concealed Carry Classes in S/W Ohio
http://www.ProShootersTraining.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am not a lawyer. My answers are based on research, knowledge, and are generally backed up with facts, the Ohio Revised Code, or the United States Code.
EChryst

Post by EChryst »

letterofthelaw wrote:I heard there's an outdoor range somewhere in Colerain Township. I was told it's just about 30 mins. out of downtown / UC campus area. That's where the UC ROTC does their MIL-SCI marksmanship class. Anybody know who runs this - contact info- local?

Back when I was a cadet from 00-04, we shot at a place called Camp Dennison in Indian Hill. It was @ 7100 Glendale Milford Road, looking at Google Earth placed it for me. Before that we shot at a place that was some sort of small sheriff's range. I don't know exactly where it was, but there was a lot of gravel and it seemed like it was only a pistol range.
-Erik
letterofthelaw

Post by letterofthelaw »

Cool. Thanks for the replies. That scratches a few hopes of the list :(

Apparently they have uprated that Camp Dennison range because the ROTC class shoots AR-15 variants there for their marksmanship qual. Going to look into it no matter what and see if it's a LEO only range or public.
XDSC9G30

Post by XDSC9G30 »

Ok, I'm sure this info is in this thread somewhere but maybe someone knows off the top of their had and can PM with the info.

I was wondering what indoor pistol ranges their are in the Maumee/Toledo area and within about 30 min drive or so? I know of Clelands(refuse to go there) and Bullet Stop (always go there but get a little irritated with the random closings and inaccurate website hours. Plus it's about a 40-45 min drive from my house.
Old Cold Warrior
Suspended

Miami Valley Shooting Grounds

Post by Old Cold Warrior »

Today, Wednesday, May 18, 2011
A good session at Miami Valley Shooting Grounds between Huber Heights and Vandalia, Ohio. This morning, they had me watch a new basic-range-safety video show that they had produced. It didn't bother me or hurt my ego or pride, because we can all use reminders and can regret forgetting. I shot inside this time, the weather being cool and wet. After I quit, I got to look at guns and drink a soda pop and stand around and bullshi, uh...discuss current events and serious man subjects.
Survival.Tactics

Post by Survival.Tactics »

I like Briar Rabbit Shooting Sports in Zanesville.
For Pistol shooters, they have 8 Bays of steel targets. For Rifle, they have a 400 yd rifle range and also loads of trap and skeet if that is your game.
membership was only $100 for a year, I went with the $150 "family plan" so the wife can shoot with me when she has time.

Steve
3GunTheory

Post by 3GunTheory »

Here is where I shoot when I have planning time.

Nice bare bones Pistol Range with a friendly staff.

Bakes Best Shot

9028 State Route 314
Mansfield, OH 44904-9411

Call ahead $10 per lane per hour per person.

Hope this is helpful.
"God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)
Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo.(Unknown)
True Happiness is a warm 12 Gauge,.45 ACP,.357 Mag,.410, or .38 Special and an Ice Cold Sun Drop.(Luvs.357)
GOD is Great and Guns are Good.(Lynard Skynard)
The 1st One through the door gets the copper coated candy.(Andy The Gunshop owner "Dawn Of The Dead)
OnTheLevel

Post by OnTheLevel »

ccwincincy wrote:Is there a dealer in the Cincinnati area who is cheaper than Shooter's Supply in Loveland? These guys may not have the huge selections that Target World or Bass Pro have, but so far I haven't been able to find anyone in SW Ohio who can beat or even just match their prices.
This is still the case. 8)

Shooters' Supply Shop
362 Loveland Madeira Road
Loveland, OH 45140-2549

http://www.shooterssupplyshop.us
https://www.facebook.com/shooterssupplyshop

In the spirit of full disclosure: I'm not an employee of Shooters' Supply Shop, but I am a bit biased, having designed the shop's Website and set up its Facebook page as an independent contractor.
“Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it does not work, you can always hit him with it.” — Boris the Blade
3GunTheory

Post by 3GunTheory »

These guys aren't the cheapest but I love the way that they get great used trades and their payment plan.

Park's Building & Gun Supplies
5 S Kniffin St Greenwich, OH 44837

P.S. They are on the way to Bake's
"God made man and woman; Colonel Colt made them equal'." (Ann Coulter)
Praise The Lord but Polly pass the Ammo.(Unknown)
True Happiness is a warm 12 Gauge,.45 ACP,.357 Mag,.410, or .38 Special and an Ice Cold Sun Drop.(Luvs.357)
GOD is Great and Guns are Good.(Lynard Skynard)
The 1st One through the door gets the copper coated candy.(Andy The Gunshop owner "Dawn Of The Dead)
Jake
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Jake »

A reminder of the TOS, as this thread is NO EXCEPTION.
• Messages containing public or private contact information are not allowed. We are aware that most of this information can be found online or a phone book - however, posts containing email addresses, phone numbers, street addresses, credit card numbers, etc. are generally not allowed.
We are taking a liberal stance by allowing the addresses, however no phone numbers are permitted.

Thanks.
NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer

Hope for the Best. Plan for the Worst.

http://www.salemhuntingclub.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-loca ... -reps.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thumper74

Post by Thumper74 »

+1 on all B&T locations. I live near the Lorain store with the range and have always felt welcome there. I frequent the Middleburg Heights location since they are near my work. I've purchased an XD, Ruger MKIII, Taurus .357 and a Keltec. They've always been reasonable. Rich is a good 'smith and cares about his work. They will not generally do FFL transfers for new guns...

+1 for Fin Feather Fur. It seems to be eternally busy, but the prices are reasonable and they usually know what they're doing.

There are two newer shops in Lorain County: Bud's Firearms on Northridge between West River and Gulf Rd. He carries and knows some stuff, but is not a gun 'buff'. His prices are usually rock bottom though and his FFL transfers are less than $20 IIRC. There's also Bullseye Firearms in Grafton at the old Chevrolet dealer. The shop is big and they usually have a large selection of guns, holsters, etc. They are also a licensed ammunition manufacturer and are working on an indoor range.
Dieselnut

Post by Dieselnut »

I went to a new gun shop today and boy was it awesome! It's called Fire Power in Mason.
http://www.firepowerllc.com/

The room isn't any larger than a bedroom (about like AIM surplus' pickup room) but he's got it stocked top to bottom with various AR parts like magpul, RRA, etc. He also had a lot of tactical shotguns, some AK's I noticed, and a mosin. Plus he had a small selection of handguns, but seemed to be a good variation in what he had. The prices were beyond reasonable in my opinion. My first visit was on the grand opening, and so far I give it two thumbs up.
danoam

Post by danoam »

Dieselnut wrote:I went to a new gun shop today and boy was it awesome! It's called Fire Power in Mason.
http://www.firepowerllc.com/

The room isn't any larger than a bedroom (about like AIM surplus' pickup room) but he's got it stocked top to bottom with various AR parts like magpul, RRA, etc. He also had a lot of tactical shotguns, some AK's I noticed, and a mosin. Plus he had a small selection of handguns, but seemed to be a good variation in what he had. The prices were beyond reasonable in my opinion. My first visit was on the grand opening, and so far I give it two thumbs up.
I drove past it just the other day and didn't even know it was there. Can't wait to check it out, maybe today! :D
Imcrazy

Post by Imcrazy »

Anyone know anything about Erie County Conservation League?
-Aaron
Newcomer
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Newcomer »

Stopped at Miller Gun & Supply in Sugarcreek yesterday on my way to R. W. Leather. To me, the place was bigger than it appeared from the outside and their prices on firearms were reasonable. Looked at a Ruger Mark III Competition for $469. Cheapest I have seen it new anywhere is $458. I'm not a bow hunter but it seemed they had a big selection of bows. Virtually no holsters to speak of. Worth a stop if you're ever down that way.
"You don't have to agree with everything I say...but eventually you'll come to your senses."
http://www.gunauction.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;